X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas mud bugs?

Dallas live mud bugs

Where can you buy then

Cajun Crawfish company in lewisville. We got the select size for our party and they were big and meaty.

They arent 0.99/lb like back home, expect to pay a little more. But if I remember correctly the regular size was comparable to HEB or Albertsons.

Our last party, I went to Albertsons and ordered 3 bags, when I went to pick the order up, they only had 1. We scrambled and I found some at a decent price at Winco foods in duncanville.

Comment

when did you order them last

Comment

Originally posted by wlgorman View Post
        Cajun Crawfish company in lewisville. We got the select size for our party and they were big and meaty.

They arent 0.99/lb like back home, expect to pay a little more. But if I remember correctly the regular size was comparable to HEB or Albertsons.

Our last party, I went to Albertsons and ordered 3 bags, when I went to pick the order up, they only had 1. We scrambled and I found some at a decent price at Winco foods in duncanville.
        this, did this a few years ago and it was great. Just get on their website and they will tell you when to order and when to pick up

Comment

We have not been able to establish a steady supply yet so we are waiting a couple more weeks before we start offering them at the restaurant. They are very pricey right now.

Comment

I live in crawfish country and travel SW LA weekly. I’m actually in Lake Charles today and drove through Crowley, LA this morning. Seems like only 25% of the ponds are flooded and I have yet to see fishermen running traps. Not sure what to think as I can remember buying live/boiled crawfish in December during prior years. If we get several late cold fronts in Feb/Mar it will only push the season back further.

Very few grocery stores are selling boiled crawfish. Saw a quart size ziplock bag with boiled crawfish priced at $6.99 Only know of 1 restaurant selling and I’m sure the prices are higher than giraffe _________ !
            Last edited by Cajun Blake; 01-09-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

We don't start this early but Cajun Crawfish Company blows!!! Might be the only place to get them this time of year though...

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                I live in crawfish country and travel SW LA weekly. I’m actually in Lake Charles today and drove through Crowley, LA this morning. Seems like only 25% of the ponds are flooded and I have yet to see fishermen running traps. Not sure what to think as I can remember buying live/boiled crawfish in December during prior years. If we get several late cold fronts in Feb/Mar it will only push the season back further.

Very few grocery stores are selling boiled crawfish. Saw a quart size ziplock bag with boiled crawfish priced at $6.99 Only know of 1 restaurant selling and I’m sure the prices are higher than giraffe _________ !
                Still seems way early to me to even think about these guys. No about the 15th of Feb, they some how get on my brain.

Interesting to know there are ponds that aren't full right now.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  We don't start this early but Cajun Crawfish Company blows!!! Might be the only place to get them this time of year though...
                  I called today, the recording was from 2019 that they were closed for the season.

Comment

They're around, I boiled 50# for New year's and paid $5/#. I found a couple places with them at that time but they're both a few hours drive from dfw.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                      They're around, I boiled 50# for New year's and paid $5/#. I found a couple places with them at that time but they're both a few hours drive from dfw.
                      We were quoted 6 bucks a pound, decided to pass for a little while, would have to sell for 12 bucks a pound to make any money.

Comment

Got mine from Mud bugs in Frisco. great restaurant if you get a chance to get up here

Comment

Dallas mud bugs?

Need to wait until at least the first of March before you can start getting good bugs for a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Yessir. I travel all over SWLA (industrial Sales) as well and I’ve seen the same thing. Notta no nam nobody running traps.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              We were quoted 6 bucks a pound, decided to pass for a little while, would have to sell for 12 bucks a pound to make any money.
                              Place out of new caney had them for $4.25-4.50...overall crawfish and seafood?

Comment

Working...
                              X