Pretty Good Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty Good Read

Been reading a very good book. It's called Empire Of The Summer Moon. By S.C. Gwynne. It's about the Comanche Indians, their brutality, their way of life, and the way they treated their captives. It also involves the Comanches and how they were woven into Texas history.

I’m gonna have to add that one to my library.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The author was on the Rogan podcast recently. It was a great listen. I bought the book the other day but still haven’t read it yet.

Comment

I have the DVD version. Very interesting and explains a lot. We think that my family native blood was Comanche, but not sure and no way to tell. On the other hand, one of my Williams ancestors was a Ranger Captain from San Saba County and was killed by Comanches in 1861 or 2.

Comment

Great book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love that one

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
              The author was on the Rogan podcast recently. It was a great listen. I bought the book the other day but still haven’t read it yet.
              Thats where I heard about it.

Comment

Can’t recommend reading this book enough...it was an awesome read. Do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                  I only wish he had been able to stay longer and talk to Joe more. Very interesting guy and stories. I’m going to get his book next after the one I’m reading now.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Read it awhile back, if you enjoy texana books you will enjoy it

Comment

It's a good one.. Never look at that drive from W.F. to Amarillo the same

Comment

Great book! Read it a couple of years back.

Comment

One of my favorites.

Comment

Read it a while back. Excellent read. Saw podcast too. Gwynne says the screen play for the movie has been written and it is a good one. Hope they go through with the movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X