No announcement yet.

Best trail camera for under $100??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm definitely not in the majority because I have had 4 if the wildgame cameras that are the 60 or 70 ish dollar models. They have been out year around on feeders and trails for 4 years now and I haven't had any complaints out of them. The battery life is starting to go down hill on a couple of the ones that are in the sun most of the day but that's the only issue I have had. I did pick up a primos proof camera before season last year on clearance at Walmart for 40 bucks marked down from 129 and it has been awesome so far! Battery life has been incredible

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had experience with the lower priced cams and spent enough money on them to buy a high end cam, 2 or 3 of them....so I quit buying those cheapos and went for quality....havent bought a new cam due to breakage in about 5 years. I bought a used Reconyx, used for 2 years, the IR sensor went out on it, sent to them, $26 dollars to be fixed, its like brand new. Trust me, buy quality.

List of the cheapos I have had.
      Primos, best piece of junk I have ever bought.
      Bushnell, lasted 1 week, got my money back.
      Cuddeback, older models were pretty good, but were unreliable, beautiful pictures, no customer service. Newer models are garbage. Bought one, photos were grainy and unclear, video was worse. No customer service.Refunded my money.
      Spypoint, lasted one set of batteries, took amazing pics of wind blowing grass.
      Camtrakker, a very good camera, no problems, no issues, company went belly up.
      Stealth Cam, ate batteries like a possum eating grapes. Lasted one season.
      Some of these cameras take beautiful pics, but last a year maybe. I had a couple of Primos that lasted less than 3 months. I had ONE that lasted 2 years. They all leaked water when it rained.
      Some of these models were hard to set up.

I learned the hard way that quality trumps cheap prices everytime. I have 3 Reconxy cams. The used one had the IR sensor go out, and the LCD went out on one, sent them in, replaced the parts, both together cost less than $60 to repair. The LCD repair was back in 10 days. The other took a month, because Reconyx put it in the field to make sure it was taking pics.

Planning on getting another one next week that takes videos. Hyperfire 2
      Last edited by lovemylegacy; 08-19-2018, 03:03 AM.

Comment

WingHome 350C trail camera//

Originally posted by .17fireball View Post
        I need some suggestions on trail cameras. Would like to purchase 2 cameras and want to keep it under $100 each. Who has experience with a good, low priced trail camera? I’m not picky on the brand necessarily, just want decent pics. I have access to Cabelas, Academy, and of course Wal-mart
        Let’s hear the suggestions! Thanks in advance
        I recommend WingHome to you, I have bought one about 80 dollar, and it takes great night vision photos, you can have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
          I'm definitely not in the majority because I have had 4 if the wildgame cameras that are the 60 or 70 ish dollar models. They have been out year around on feeders and trails for 4 years now and I haven't had any complaints out of them. The battery life is starting to go down hill on a couple of the ones that are in the sun most of the day but that's the only issue I have had. I did pick up a primos proof camera before season last year on clearance at Walmart for 40 bucks marked down from 129 and it has been awesome so far! Battery life has been incredible

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
          You have not used a good camera then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
            I’m not in the majority either. I have two and wouldn’t call them junk, they do just fine for me. But I don’t understand all of the hype. It’s nothing special.

I’ve had/have moultrie, wild game, Browning, Bushnell and stealth cams. My Bushnell Trophy cameras are the best I’ve used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I have (4) of the Bushnell Trophy Cam E3 series. You can get these on Amazon for about $85.

Comment

Foxelli Trail Camera - 20MP 1080P HD Wildlife Scouting Hunting Camera with Motion Activated Night Vision, 120° Wide Angle Lens, 42 IR LEDs & 2.4" LCD screen, IP66 Waterproof Game Camera, SD card incl. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QYFP8H7..._HIVsDbW5S19WC

I bought 2 of these and were impressed with the pics and video

Comment

Comment

Bushnell trophy cam fan here. Have two that have ran every day for three years averaging 2000 pictures a month per camera with no problems.

Comment

strike force...

Comment

I’ve got five of these out in the field right now, some of them on their 3rd year. No complaints.

Campark Trail Game Camera 14MP 1080P Waterproof Hunting Scouting Cam for Wildlife Monitoring with 120°Detecting Range Motion Activated Night Vision 2.4" LCD IR LEDs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHLVXF7..._HXXsDbFRAQH32

Comment

Browning Strike Force is right at $100 now. Best camera at that price for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                          Browning strike force for $99 at cabelas right now.
                          This. The browning cameras have been the best cameras i've used by far. Love em. Have 5 Bushnell Trophy cameras. I like them, but that browning blows them away for a fraction of the cost. I have a mix of the older and newer model Bushnells. That cheap browning takes better pictures and seems to have a much longer battery life duration.
                          Last edited by Arrowthreat; 08-07-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Browning SF 850. Check Scheels.com......they were $99 TYD last week.

Comment

I know some will laugh, but I've had good luck with a Tasco camera from Walmart. Cost $29.96. I figured fir 30 bucks i could take a chance. That was last summer and after a few weeks of it being out I went and got another. Both take decent pics, battery life has been decent and one of them has been out year around and still taking pics.

Comment

Kinda like saying what's the best used truck for under 2k. Its It's a crap shoot at that price. You get what you pay for.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X