wild pig 'issue' questionaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wild pig 'issue' questionaire

guess I was randomly selected to complete a questionnaire about our wild pig population and management techniques.. anyone else? seems like they were wanting views on using poisons. i, personally, don't think poison should ever be used. as a landowner, pigs have tore up a few roads, and stole a lot of corn from the senderos. but i don't mind having a few around for target practice and eating. my wife/kids love to shoot them, as you can't shoot one too young, or too old, or too many........ no guilt trigger pulls. i don't kill many deer these days, as my wife/kid take care of it... if there weren't pigs around, I'd probably spend a lot less time hunting.

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
    guess I was randomly selected to complete a questionnaire about our wild pig population and management techniques.. anyone else? seems like they were wanting views on using poisons. i, personally, don't think poison should ever be used. as a landowner, pigs have tore up a few roads, and stole a lot of corn from the senderos. but i don't mind having a few around for target practice and eating. my wife/kids love to shoot them, as you can't shoot one too young, or too old, or too many........ no guilt trigger pulls. i don't kill many deer these days, as my wife/kid take care of it... if there weren't pigs around, I'd probably spend a lot less time hunting.
    I received it as well, multiple position questions. I am not for poisoning either.

Comment

Welcome to the party gentlemen......y'all are a little late ... Good reading here.

Comment

I got it as well - haven’t done it yet

Comment

I believe this is the third thread started on the topic. Just say-n.

Comment

I took it if they have a humane poison... then poison their arse!

Comment

got one to, mine came from Texas A & M.

Comment

wild pig

mine was a&m also.

I'm glad they are around, for the most part. my brother lets his employees trap them year round on his land, they are about non-existent now..you just can't come across one unless it's night time. he'd be the 1st to have them poisoned/eradicated...

for years we ate a couple a year, between work and home..pulled pork, stir fry...got a little burned out on it.....then.......... a coworker made a pork stew!!!!! now, at home, it has about taken the place of ven. chili, roasts ,and all other winter dishes combined..

Comment

We trap and kill 100-200 a year and it is a PIA!!! I would love a poison, but haven't got the survey.

Comment

I got mine several days ago.

Comment

Just took it. I think opening up the hunting to out of state hunters not needing a license will help tremendously. I have a group from Kansas that wets themselves when I invite them down to hunt. They see it as an opportunity for meat/sport, I see it as helping me out by knocking out some swine. I do not agree with poisoning because, although I hate the pigs, I enjoy the meat. I don't want to be feeding my family meat with any sort of poison in it, "humane" or not... Just my .02

Comment

My place is high fence with predator wire so they cant get in but that doesn't stop them from trying. 2 weeks ago I saw 20 or so looking for an opening, I could not get my gun out quick enough to get any before they bolted. I think poisoning would effect more than just the pigs.

Comment

legalize recreational marijuana and use a % of those taxes to fund a statewide bounty on harvested pigs.

Comment

I didn't see any of the other threads but I had a life this weekend.

I filled it out and Im not for poison either

Comment

I got it, took it and I am a NO for the poison also.

Comment

Working...
                              X