Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb question --- replace polaris tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb question --- replace polaris tires?

This is a dumb question and I'll admit it from the start.

I bought a Polaris Ranger in 2014...still have stock tires, but they are shot.

Where is the best place to get new UTV tires and have them installed? I called local tire shop and they said they don't do it. Called Polaris dealership and they wast $700 --- same as my truck LOL....has to be a better option.

Can I do it myself...if so do I need special tools?

I am up on Allen/McKinney area.

I bought tires on Ebay and had the installed at a local tire shop. Paid about $300 for everything

Comment

discount tire mounted tires I bought off the web

Comment

Look at https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com. great prices and free shipping, plus no tax. Order what you want and pay to have them put on rims. Another option would be to look online (CL, eBay, Facebook, etc) for some take-offs. You can usually find a set for under $200

Comment

I had luck with amazon. Found a tire and wheel package.

Comment

I got some good tires on amazon also, but I got some of the more expensive ones 8 ply I think. its been about 5 years. haven't had a flat since, but they are starting to wear out finally. but my new place isn't as rugged so I may get cheaper ones when these turn into racing slicks.

Comment

Some good take off tires in the classifieds from time to time. Call around to Discount Tire Shops, some of them will mount them on rims for you.

Comment

I bought mine online, drove down to discount and had them mount them for me. Cost $100 to mount.

Comment

Thomason tire has done some for me on a rhino. But it’s not hard to buy tires and put them on yourself. Just need some screwdrivers and a decent compressor and maybe a ratchet strap. Or the dangerous starting fluid

Comment

eBay and tire shop

Comment

Buddy of mine replaced his from Sams. I think they were about $125 each mounted
                      Last edited by Huntsman27; 04-02-2019, 09:45 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
                        Look at https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com. great prices and free shipping, plus no tax. Order what you want and pay to have them put on rims. Another option would be to look online (CL, eBay, Facebook, etc) for some take-offs. You can usually find a set for under $200
                        I’ve bought several sets of ATV tires from these guys. Good prices and delivery. The tires arrive compressed with shrink wrap. So once received remove the shrink wrap and let them relax for a day before mounting.

Comment

check out some of the small tire shops around you I paid $60 in Red Oak the other day for mounting 4 UTV tires

Comment

Thomason Tire in Mckinney

Comment

Depending on how quick you need them keep a watch on Tbh. I bought takeoffs from grapevine power sports wheels and tires mounted and ready to roll for 400. Give them a call.

Comment

Working...
                              X