Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My TBH son, another back surgery coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My TBH son, another back surgery coming?

Dam it folks...

My middle son, TBH Member, just got his MRI results today and looks like a 3rd back surgery is close at hand.

He's already had 2 for herniated disks and now another....sciatica nerve pain for months now and here he-is family goes again?

Landon is in his mid 30's, a great athlete in his younger years but now...constant pain and I'm just at a loss and as those who have kids...would trade his pain to me...love your kids and hate when they hurt.

But now it's different...he's in the Oil/Gas business in Southeast NM, far away from his previous Neuro Surgeon in Dallas. What to do...have the operation within 2 hours of his "temp home" in NM pet the constant market shifts...or come back to Dallas and have the surgery?

He has lot's of support from our family and his wife's family....so options are available.

Dammit...again, I would absorb his pain if I could...just a young man with a great wife and it just hurt's to see him in this situation...any thoughts?

Prayers up for your son....

Comment

I would have the surgery done at home close to his family. And with the Dr he is comfortable with . Prayers up !

Comment

Hate to hear. Surgery in Dallas with his neurosurgeon sounds like the way to go. Quality surgeon trumps all other considerations.

Comment

The man he works for is as good as they come. He will understand. I hope he heals up.

His back probably hurts because he is 74 feet tall

Comment

[QUOTE=RR 314;13963289]Hate to hear. Surgery in Dallas with his neurosurgeon sounds like the way to go. Quality surgeon trumps all other considerations
            Agreed

Comment

I feel for you but the sciatic nerve pain can make you mad if you don't get it under control. I was a lucky one and 5 steroid shots in the spine finally got it done. Prayers sent to him.

Comment

While there may be good surgeons in NM, I'm willing to bet that there won't be any better than he will find here in Dallas. I know mine is definitely good and won't hesitate to recommend him if needed. Get his *** home and get it done if it's really needed.

Comment

Sorry he is going through it I feel his pain I have the same thing going on as I type this had one steroid shot so far go back for another feb 14th I pray everday for it to heal make life and work real hard I will pray for him as I know god is the great healer
                  and I have faith he will

Comment

Prayers up. Get him home and let surgeon he's comfortable with do it. Lot to b said for trust and comfort in the dr u like. Bein home with family will b the best too

Comment

Sounds like I would find a new doctor. Good luck to him.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up.
                        I would go to the doc I liked and trusted the most.

Comment

Come back to Dallas. I had L5/S1 fusion last Feb. Dr. Stephen Tolhurst - Texas Back Institute. He works in Denton and Flower Mound. I highly recommend him for the procedure. I had the same thing severe nerve pain. I couldn't walk or stand anymore. Was up same day as surgery. Followed directions and rehab. Now fully recovered. Nerve pain was gone immediately following the surgery. I feel for you and him. I played sports through college. I hope he gets it done soon. So great to have your support. It can sink you financially if you don't get your ducks in a row. Good luck and prayers up.

Comment

Dallas or Houston. Yuck................

Comment

Come back to the surgeon you trust... No questions...

I feel his pain I'm just a little older than him and basically my full thoracic spine is fuzed

Comment

Working...
                              X