2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    Well my daughter came down with a fever so leaving tonight got squashed. MIL will be here tomorrow morning sometime so I'll still be able to leave around noon tomorrow as planned. If she's still sick by Monday my wifes gonna have to put in for a sub. I'm not coming home.

Awe hate to hear that about the little one! I’ve got the truck loaded down and the beer under ice. Hitting the road around 500!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      Looking like everything is in place for me to make my first move on 1 of 2 shooters this evening. Only delima is to hunt the stand between bedding area and a small food plot (wind should be good, never been hunted) or play somewhat of a safe this early in season and take a climber to another plot close by and hunt a guaranteed good wind, but typically have later pics of one of them there.

Leaning to go more aggressive since I have time to do it right, before the bang sticks scatter what I’ve collected and hunt the bedding trail. Lots of day time pics this week. And both walked by stand last week at 8 and 8:30... so fingers crossed wind works. If I get there and it ain’t I’m backing out. Too good of deer to Booger up being careless

I tend to lean towards the safer bet early then get a bit more aggressive once the rut hits and they’re a little less weary. I go full court press from 11/6-11/20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        I tend to lean towards the safer bet early then get a bit more aggressive once the rut hits and they’re a little less weary. I go full court press from 11/6-11/20

Me too. I’ve got a good plan as long as wind holds true. This is a new property that I e been around daily my whole life. The pressure in this particular area is like no other. One thanksgiving I know of 26 rifle hunters within a 1.5 sq mile. None are worth a flip at it... but they are there and moving stuff.

If wind is any north to it I’m good. I’m on the north side of an elevation change so I will never know what it does there until I check

Comment

Yellow in truck and entry route 350 ish yards. Hill in middle
          White is stand. Far East dot is possible climber tree
          Green is food plots
          Blue is travel trails
          Red is bedding area

All my land is 20 year clear cut. It’s ridiculous thick. North neighbor is 8-10 clear cut. Small creek beginning is out border. That’s where they bed (so far)
          Attached Files

Comment

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Yellow in truck and entry route 350 ish yards. Hill in middle

White is stand. Far East dot is possible climber tree

Green is food plots

Blue is travel trails

Red is bedding area

All my land is 20 year clear cut. It’s ridiculous thick. North neighbor is 8-10 clear cut. Small creek beginning is out border. That’s where they bed (so far)

Good luck!! What county are you hunting again?

Comment

Wood

Change of plans.......

“Weather said”ENE switching to NE 7-9 mph

The ene would have been iffy but ne perfect. I checked the south, too and north side of hill... ESE to SE. that’s a no go for launch. I packed my climber in just in case but it’s no the right wind reguardless so I dropped it off and got into a ladder on a pinch point between 2 plots. We’ll see. Not expecting much. Maybe some doe and higher expectations of hogs. All I can do is make the best of it. I’m not ruining that stand on bedding trail

Comment

Saw a doe in heat this evening. Its about that time.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Co Worker seen two bucks chasing does early this morning coming into work. What county are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

I have video from a buddy of a 2 yr old breeding a doe on Monday in Montgomery county

Comment

New bucks showing up behind my house, plus trail cam pics of bucks chasing does this week... sure is bad timing for the Trinity River flood!!

Comment

I’ll be sitting in the blind come 545am! Hope I’ll see some chasing like others have during the week.

Comment

Headed in after my forest buck in the Sam Houston. First time to hunt this spot. I still don’t have a tree picked out where I want yet, plan is to slip in and get there right at light to find the right tree. Got the horns in tow and a target in mind. It’s a half mile, not easy walk. I’ll try and update once I get settled in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                              Headed in after my forest buck in the Sam Houston. First time to hunt this spot. I still don’t have a tree picked out where I want yet, plan is to slip in and get there right at light to find the right tree. Got the horns in tow and a target in mind. It’s a half mile, not easy walk. I’ll try and update once I get settled in.

Good luck man !

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Good luck, Tony!

Hey don't you have a place on private ground in Montgomery County too? I remember you killed a good one last year out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X