Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Thank God he just overslept. Now I'm just ******. SMDH

Comment

This started happening with my son when he moved out and got serious about chasing 2 legged deer like Hank Williams Jr sang about.
      Don't remember ever standing my old man up but it might have happened.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        Well, Thank God he just overslept. Now I'm just ******. SMDH

Look at it this way, simple over sleeping is better than any other alternative. Enjoy the time you guys get together! But don’t let him off the hook too easy. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
          This started happening with my son when he moved out and got serious about chasing 2 legged deer like Hank Williams Jr sang about.
          Don't remember ever standing my old man up but it might have happened.

I don’t think I ever stood mine up. But, we never hunted or fished together past the age of 12. He wasn’t really into it and lost his left arm in a car wreck when I was 7. And I think being left handed made it difficult for him bc he had to learn how to do everything over again right handed. Fast forward 25 years and I still can’t get him to hunt. I try. But he just won’t for what ever reason. Sucks bc I only have a hand full of memories hunting with him as a kid.

Comment

Yeah that's what my son used to tell me

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
              Look at it this way, simple over sleeping is better than any other alternative. Enjoy the time you guys get together! But don’t let him off the hook too easy. Lol.

I was looking forward to a day of fishing with him more than the fishing. Kids just don't get it I guess.

Comment

I was looking forward to a day of fishing with him more than the fishing. Kids just don't get it I guess.

At a certain age, we don’t. Lol. You guys still going? I wouldn’t let running a little behind stop you.

Comment

At a certain age, we don’t. Lol. You guys still going? I wouldn’t let running a little behind stop you.

It's a 3.5hr diver one way. I tried to get him to go somewhere closer and still salvage the day but he doesn't like that spot. I don't particularly like that spot either, but like I said it wasn't so much about the fish as it was the fishing.

Comment

I don’t think I ever stood mine up. But, we never hunted or fished together past the age of 12. He wasn’t really into it and lost his left arm in a car wreck when I was 7. And I think being left handed made it difficult for him bc he had to learn how to do everything over again right handed. Fast forward 25 years and I still can’t get him to hunt. I try. But he just won’t for what ever reason. Sucks bc I only have a hand full of memories hunting with him as a kid.

I get that my dad worked a lot when i was younger but we hunted and fished often.
                    He's been retired 10 years now so we catch a lot of fish and kill a bunch of critters.
                    He's a fair weather, no mosquitos, not to cold kind of outdoorsman now but thats perfectly fine.

Comment

Hang overs make you sleepy

Comment

My son use to pop out of bed to go fishing or hunting until he got in high school.. I'll wake him up one time and if he doesn't get up I leave him at home.. He's usually mad when I get back but that's on him.. I'm sure it will get worse when he gets older and moves out..
                        I never stood my dad up but I have slept in the truck because I had a hangover. Glad he just over slept..

Comment

Everyone wants you to!!!

Comment

It's a 3.5hr diver one way. I tried to get him to go somewhere closer and still salvage the day but he doesn't like that spot. I don't particularly like that spot either, but like I said it wasn't so much about the fish as it was the fishing.

Late to fish because of slackin' oversleepin' and then dictating where y'all will fish after he screwed the pooch?! Time to find a more reliable backup plan for awhile and make him appreciate it. Then you can catch up on those talks.

Worked for me on a couple of fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Late to fish because of slackin' oversleepin' and then dictating where y'all will fish after he screwed the pooch?! Time to find a more reliable backup plan for awhile and make him appreciate it. Then you can catch up on those talks.

Worked for me on a couple of fellas.
                              Sadly, young men don't appreciate fishing time with Dad until they can't do it anymore. I'd give anything to get to fish with my Dad again. Last time was about 20 years ago, and he's been gone for 15 now.

Comment

He probably fished all night. Wonder if he caught, might have some influence on how upset you are?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X