No announcement yet.

Bobcat leg traps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks fellas! Also, nice job quanah! Trapped another cat this morning and this one was on the Rooster!!

Comment

Not a bad female!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE-Z View Post
        Thanks fellas! Also, nice job quanah! Trapped another cat this morning and this one was on the Rooster!!
        Thanks bud
        Your racking em up

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
          Awesome video. I am ready to get back on it in a few works with trapping.

Comment

Nice cats!

Double Z- Are you using any scent or strictly visual attractant?

Comment

Bobcat leg traps

Originally posted by Patton View Post
              Nice cats!

Double Z- Are you using any scent or strictly visual attractant?

The female from this morning was trapped on a set where I have a live rooster in a cage.

The big tom was a set half a mile behind my house with no lures, bait or anything besides visuals. I couldn’t believe it worked. I hung several neon flags that we use at the cemetery for marking graves from a branch near my set. Under some sticks and cover I placed a bow like you’d put on a Christmas present.

To be fair I also had a little tuft of tanned bobcat hide in there from last year.

And I went overboard on forcing a cat to place their paw where I wanted them to. Guess it worked.

Comment

^ great job!!! I like your forcing method.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                  Works like a champ on feral cats too--
                  A big plus with catching feral cats is you can skin and tan the hides give your cat lady mother in law a great new coat this Christmas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                    A big plus with catching feral cats is you can skin and tan the hides give your cat lady mother in law a great new coat this Christmas!!!
                    lol I like your way of thinking.

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the response Double Z!

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                        lol I like your way of thinking.
                        I worked really well. I’m gonna keep trying it where there is horse apples. Guess it looks plenty natural to them.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE-Z View Post
                          I worked really well. I’m gonna keep trying it where there is horse apples. Guess it looks plenty natural to them.
                          Do you ever catch coyotes in these forced cat sets? Based on my experience, the forcing is too much for a coyote, but you may have different experience? Kind of curious to hear your response. The flashing (Xmas bow) might bother Wiley E as well???

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                            Do you ever catch coyotes in these forced cat sets? Based on my experience, the forcing is too much for a coyote, but you may have different experience? Kind of curious to hear your response. The flashing (Xmas bow) might bother Wiley E as well???
                            You’re right. I haven’t trapped a coyote yet. That’s my only really flashy set though. Honestly I’m doing it now to learn and get better and skinning and fleshing. Maybe I can sale some in the future.

Comment

With my limited availability to trap it’s been hard to beat a rooster. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Very nice cat! Looks like you have it figured out!

Comment

Working...
                                X