Durango Colorado Honeymoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durango Colorado Honeymoon

My wife to be and I are going on our honeymoon the week of thanksgiving in Durango Colorado. Anybody have suggestions on stuff we can do while we’re there? I figure we’ll ski a little bit but I’d love to fish and do some other stuff while we’re there. We’re both outdoorsy and love to fish so if you’ve got some super secret fishing spots around there you’re willing to share let me know! Also I think it would be cool to rent a Jeep and hit some trails or go snowmobiling but I’m not sure on how all of that works. Let me know your suggestions!

It’s a little bit of a drive north, but I highly recommend a Jeep ride up to Silverton, Ouray, and over Imogene Pass. Beautiful ride, but I’m not sure how passable it’ll be in December. We made that trip on Labor Day weekend 9 years ago, and the weather couldn’t have been better. There are numerous great breweries in that area as well, if you’re into beer like I am. There’s also a great pizza place in Durango that we make a point to go to every time we’re there.

Fired Up Pizzeria
    (970) 247-0264

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
      It’s a little bit of a drive north, but I highly recommend a Jeep ride up to Silverton, Ouray, and over Imogene Pass. Beautiful ride, but I’m not sure how passable it’ll be in December. We made that trip on Labor Day weekend 9 years ago, and the weather couldn’t have been better. There are numerous great breweries in that area as well, if you’re into beer like I am. There’s also a great pizza place in Durango that we make a point to go to every time we’re there.

Fired Up Pizzeria
      (970) 247-0264

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Awesome! I’ve been to Silverton before but it was in the middle of the summer. I haven’t been to Colorado in the winter since I was really young. I love beer and pizza so that’ll help thanks!

Comment

Fish behind the malt shop in downtown - no kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by texasbbq View Post
          Fish behind the malt shop in downtown - no kidding.
          Never mind, that's in Pagosa.

Comment

Tagged.

Million $ highway or what ever it is called is pretty cool.

Mesa Verde isn’t too far from there.

Comment

There’s some good fishing around Durango but I only fished it for a week during the summer of 2019. Every river was flowing high and fast so I really don’t have any secrets.

However, call Duranglers Flies & Supplies. The guys there were pretty cool - they might point you in the right direction.

Comment

We were there in August. Some great suggestions already. Silverton, Ouray are a must. There a re some nice hiking trails between Durango and Silverton off the side of the road. Great views and varying difficulties.
                Mesa Verde is beyond amazing. Check ahead on availability.
                Also, look into to train to Silverton.

Comment

We went to Telluride beautiful place

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh by the way the gummies were really expensive there Ridgway a better price

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yeah we’re excited thanks all for the info!

Comment

Being newly weds I would stay in the room and try to make the snow melt for a 50 mile radius!

Comment

The trails are already closed to wheeled vehicles. I’m not familiar with snow machines up there.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            The trails are already closed to wheeled vehicles. I’m not familiar with snow machines up there.
                            Good to know!

Comment

As mentioned above lots of great breweries in the area. Carver Brewing and Steamworks Brewing are my two favorites in Durango, and Riff Raff in Pagosa Springs is another great option. I spend a lot of time in Durango, but never really in the winter so I’m not much help there. Typically we go camping or trail riding out of Silverton while there. If the train is running again, then I hear the ride is gorgeous when there’s snow on the ground. I’ve only been in the summer though.

Comment

Working...
                              X