Pulled the Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the Trigger

Figuratively speaking. I have been looking at getting another recurve for several months and got a gift card for a referral I did last October, so hey I say, buy one.

I had looked at the Hoyt Satori, then a Bear recurve. Didn’t want to spend almost $500 for just the riser and Bear, well just say they are hard to find as to what I was looking for.

So Sunday night doing some research on different bows and finally settled on the Win&Win Black Elk with 40# limbs (ILF). Ordered it and it arrived this morning. Went to Alvarado Archery and spoke with Steve and Tony and we got it “up and running” so I can start shooting. It’s been about 7-8 years since I shot a recurve, and I didn’t have much time so just fired half a dozen arrows down range. I surprised myself when I put one in the nine ring, but didn’t get to excited at the other five, but at least I was close at the 20-yard distance.

I have killed deer and other animals over the past 54-years with a recurve at one time or another and plan on shooting it a little everyday. I plan on taking it to The Javelina Hunt this year to try my luck, and to try to
    put one over Dawgkllr who is taking his recurve this year.

This bow is 45# and 62” long. That is the only thing I don’t like, thinking I wished it was a tad bit shorter

From my Make Believe World

Congratulations!
    Longer is okay. More forgiving generally. In a blind it can be limiting but I've shot a 62" sage from a Big Mike's blind just fine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats. I'm steadily moving longer. 62" is my minimum now, and I prefer 64". So much smoother and my arthritic hands like the string angle better.

Comment

Pulled the Trigger

Welcome back, and have fun on that Javi hunt. Javis are Gods gift to a stalking bowhunter!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice looking rig. I'd bet that longer bow shoots nice

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
            X