Glock Conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock Conversions

Think about getting a 22lr conversion for my Glock 20. Anybody have one. Any pros vs cons?

Ive never shot a conversion for a Glock but I know there are PLENTY of different companies that produce them. I purchased a Kadet Kit for my CZ's just for the premise of being able to train and practice on the same frame and pistol with a more cost effective round. Especially now.

Originally posted by Robert View Post
    Think about getting a 22lr conversion for my Glock 20. Anybody have one. Any pros vs cons?

Comment

I had one for a glock and one for a 1911. I think they were Advantage Arms. They didnt run that great and it seemed like the wrong upper was always on the gun so I'd have to swap top ends constantly.

I'd recommend a ruger or buckmark.

Comment

I have an Advantage Arms for Glock 17/22.

Best investment shooting wise I have made. Finicky with bulk ammo. With CCI’s it runs like a champ. Have fiber optic sights on it. Fairly accurate. Have probably shot close to 5K rounds through it.

When dirty, malfunctions occur regularly. I probably go 2-300 rounds between cleaning.

Don’t shoot it much now though, as I mostly shoot my 22 wheel gun on a regular basis.

Comment

Don't know if they are any good. Or if anybody is really interested. But TCM 22 9R is an interesting round for only 40grs. Ammo is available also. It's compatible to the 5.7x28.

Conversion kits for G17/22, G19/23, and Colt A1 1911 are available also.

Need parts, grips, or magazines? We have you covered. Check out our parts and accessories page and find what you need.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-24-2020, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I have the Advantage Arms for the Glock 19. As fish4food said, it is a bit finicky with ammo at times, but it is a GREAT training tool. Especially good with new shooters. Get them used to the platform with no recoil before putting 9mms back in it.

Comment

How about a G44, then you have a complete pistol without all the fuss. I just bought one for $425 but due to my covid crap I haven’t shot it yet. Looks and feels great though.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                How about a G44, then you have a complete pistol without all the fuss. I just bought one for $425 but due to my covid crap I haven’t shot it yet. Looks and feels great though.
                The advantage to the conversion kits is that you get to use the same exact platform (well, frame at least) that you carry. Again, it's a training tool in addition to being cheaper to shoot. If your objective is just to plink then I agree with others: buy a dedicated .22LR pistol like a Buckmark.

Comment

Originally posted by DanGilbertTX View Post
                  The advantage to the conversion kits is that you get to use the same exact platform (well, frame at least) that you carry. Again, it's a training tool in addition to being cheaper to shoot. If your objective is just to plink then I agree with others: buy a dedicated .22LR pistol like a Buckmark.
                  G44 is the same size at a g19.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                    G44 is the same size at a g19.
                    Yes, but it doesn't have the trigger that I have in my G19, the grip work that has been done, or anything else. It's my G19 frame on there. Which is what I was getting at. For plinking I still think there are better choices.

Comment

I have a tactical solutions 17/22 in the classifieds. I never had an issue with any ammo but maybe it didnt shot enough to dirty it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm waiting for the G44 to be back in stock at Academy - $379.99

Don't want to mess with a conversion. Everybody I've seen with one at the range has run "okay"....but were finicky with ammo...

Comment

Working...
                        X