Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Spypoint a good trail camera?

Anybody?

no personal experience , but i have heard a lot of complaints.

Comment

Short answer, no.

If you're on a budget, go with any of the Reveal's by Tactacam. In my opinion they are the best value cameral on the market. Browning would be my next for best value.

If budget is no issue, I'd look into Reconyx or Spartan.

Comment

We have 12 of them, and all 12 have been replaced at least once, some more.. You get what you pay for, I will never buy another.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
          Anybody?

No - the worst. Tactacam for me - bulletproof so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don’t buy. I’m done with them. Customer service is also horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And I meant the cellular camera.

Comment

I have the Spypoint Link-Micro and their Cell-Link attached to a Browning Strike Force HD cam.

I like them both, there’s probably better cell cams out there but these work good enough for what I want.

The plans are decent - I pay $10 per month for 1000 pics a month. Right now the Cell-Link is on the free 100 pics per month plan that resets every month for another free 100 pics.

I’ve had more issues with my 3 Browning cams than the Spypoints. You just need to be able to get a good cell signal. I have an antenna extension that I can hoist up 10' or so above the cam to ensure better reception.

Comment

My same response applies for the cellular camera as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kgrutzmacher View Post
                    No - the worst. Tactacam for me - bulletproof so far.

I’ll also been through at least 8 to get my last three working. Waiting for the class action lawsuit - they are very unreliable.

Comment

I had 5 and all 5 quit on me. 4 of them died when the batteries died, I put in new batteries and they never worked again

Comment

My Muddy cam and stealth cams have been working just fine but battery life has only been around 7 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by tpcollins View Post
                          I have the Spypoint Link-Micro and their Cell-Link attached to a Browning Strike Force HD cam.

I like them both, there’s probably better cell cams out there but these work good enough for what I want.

The plans are decent - I pay $10 per month for 1000 pics a month. Right now the Cell-Link is on the free 100 pics per month plan that resets every month for another free 100 pics.

I’ve had more issues with my 3 Browning cams than the Spypoints. You just need to be able to get a good cell signal. I have an antenna extension that I can hoist up 10' or so above the cam to ensure better reception.
                          Mine works great......no issues in first 2 months

Comment

Ive had my spypoint micro link lte out for a year and only had one hiccup where I didnt get pics for about 3 weeks. other than that its been flawless. havent had to touch it at all.

Comment

We have 9 of them and have never had an issue. I feel like we can't be that lucky, for the price I think they are great!

Comment

Working...
                              X