Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
    Ditto!

Same here, smooth inside, brushed on leans.

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post
      Smooth then epoxy with texture over that...

After having lived with a epoxy finished floor for 15 years, it's worth the cost and effort in a shop.

X1000! Smooth and epoxy coated for sure. Makes cleaning up a total breeze. Worth every stinkin cent IMO!

Comment

I did smooth inside and brushed outside.
        I still need to clean and seal the shop floor. Thinking about Eagle sealant.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
          Any idea what an epoxy finish would run for a 1200 sq ft slab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I think if the concrete is in good shape it would run 2.50 - 3.00 a foot.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
            I think if the concrete is in good shape it would run 2.50 - 3.00 a foot.

Thank you sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A question for those of you with epoxy floors -

Does welding slag and sparks damage it in any way?

Mrs and I are looking at properties, and the only thing I care about is a shop, I’m sure I’ll spend more time in there than the house. I’d like it to be nice.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I did the "home depot" epoxy myself on our old house when we built it. It's a ton of work but SOOOO worth it. I think I would just hire it done now.

And while we're on the shop topic - Insulation and insulated roll up doors. I DO NOT have either the epoxy or the insulation that I had in the old house in the new house we bought. In 2.5 years... I get to build I WILL have both again.

Comment

Smoothe if you plan on staining or epoxy later.

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post
                      I did the "home depot" epoxy myself on our old house when we built it. It's a ton of work but SOOOO worth it. I think I would just hire it done now.

And while we're on the shop topic - Insulation and insulated roll up doors. I DO NOT have either the epoxy or the insulation that I had in the old house in the new house we bought. In 2.5 years... I get to build I WILL have both again.

Amen on both the insulated garage type doors and the closed cell spray foam insulation. The closed cell insulation is THE BOMB! Can't believe how much more structural strength it adds to a metal building. The sound dampening is also a big plus!!

Comment

Originally posted by smokin6.7 View Post
                        Smooth inside and brushed on my lean-to slab.
                        nice building,what size and manufacture is that? thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                        X