Sourcing wood arrows Austin - San Antonio area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sourcing wood arrows Austin - San Antonio area

Are there any archery shops or places that I can go purchase wood staves or arrows from between san antonio and austin? I'd like to purchase locally but so far I have been striking out... looks like I may have to order them. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Where are ya located, and what exactly are you looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by J_Foster View Post
      Where are ya located, and what exactly are you looking for?
      New Braunfels area.

45-50 and 50-55 spine woods, preferably POC but would go with Douglas Fir, parallel is fine and full length.

Comment

Ah. 10-4. I assume unfinished shafts or are you just looking for some arrows to get started? You plan to build a bow as well? You mentioned staves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have lived in Schertz for the past five years and I feel your pain.
          Depending on what you are looking for and how fast you need them, I could likely make you some arrows.

Comment

Amazon! or Lancaster Archery.

Comment

Unforunately I sourced them online yesterday. I appreciate the offers and responses. I will be building my own arrows.

I do own a store front in the area and am seriously contemplating stocking some traditional only equipment as I can't find anything worth noting anywhere remotely close. I wonder if anyone would be interested if I did that?

Shafts, gloves, tabs, arrow making supplies...

Comment

Call Viking archery on 46 heading towards Canyon Lake. Nice shop.

Comment

There would be some folks who would buy stuff from you, but I hope your storefront is for some other products that you can actually make a living off of!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you are going to order shafts then buy sitka spruce. It is much stronger than the cedar and also lighter. It is enough lighter that you can buy arrows spined ten pounds higher and then use more point weight for better foc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                      Call Viking archery on 46 heading towards Canyon Lake. Nice shop.
                      Unfortunately they don't carry much at all in the way of traditional archery supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        There would be some folks who would buy stuff from you, but I hope your storefront is for some other products that you can actually make a living off of!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Hah, definitely not looking to make a living on trad supplies! If nothing else it would feed my habit, but would be great if it helped out some other fellow Texans as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                          If you are going to order shafts then buy sitka spruce. It is much stronger than the cedar and also lighter. It is enough lighter that you can buy arrows spined ten pounds higher and then use more point weight for better foc.
                          Thank you for the tip. I will try them out sometime... however I am not too much into the FOC setup.

Comment

I've used 3rivers archery in years past.

Comment

Sent you a PM. Maybe we can get to meet.

Comment

Working...
                              X