Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience with BCY Mercury 2 string material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience with BCY Mercury 2 string material?

Has anyone used the "new" BCY Mercury 2 string material in a recurve string?
    I noticed quite a few makers are using "blended" (with Vectran) material, such as X99, but while some praise it, others caution on the possible long-term effects of the lack of stretch. Mercury and now the "2" version are non-blended, while having less stretch than D97.
    I noticed Daniel at HCB is transitioning his offerings to X99, SBD is only using Force 10, while Mountain Muffler offers pretty much anything from the BCY line as a choice.
    I shoot lower poundage recurves (#48 to #52) these days and would like a string offering a nice balance between performance and noise level.

Not me. Still use B55.

Comment

I had Daniel make me up two each for everything I had from the old stock. That said there isn't much you can do. BCYX is no longer available from my understanding.
      Plus discussion on other forums pretty much leans to the agreement there isn't that much difference in "stretch" between them.
      And if quiet is more important than 4 to 10fps B55 may be a better choice for some.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
        Not me. Still use B55.
        Same here, B55 has been quiet for my setups. D97 and FF strings are just too loud on the bows i shoot.

Comment

I'm still shooting the strings I bought when I got my MOAB!!!! D97 on my Big River D/R longbow. B55 on my recurves. 10-11 GPP wood arrows, quiet.

Comment

Working...
          X