AR scope options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR scope options

Hey guys I got a great deal on an Anderson AR with a 16” barrel. I know a lot of you guys have a ton of AR experience. Wanting to top it with a decently high powered scope with a price range around $200 so I can reach out to 300 yards without a problem

Considering the following

1) Bushnell AR 4.5-18x40

2) Hawke Vantage IR 4-16x50

3) Sightmark Core HX 4-16x44

4) Athlon Talos 4 4-16-40

I also love Sig Optics so I am also looking into them.

Anyone have a scope in these brands they love, hate or have pros and Cons?
    Anyone have one similar they are getting rid of?

This is what you need to jump on https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=849868

Comment

^that, or a Burris fullfield would be my pick.

Comment

I like this one. I would buy it if my AR needed a scope.

Comment

Thanks. A little past my price range with the Leopold. Nice scope tho. I have looked a bit at the Burris

Comment

I have heard good things about Athlon scopes, never tried one, so far, but plan on trying them. On the list of scopes I have not tried, but plan to, are Konus scopes.

I have one Sig that I like, it is one of the lower end scopes. I have had many Burris scopes, I like every one I have had. Some definitely more than others.

I have not tried any of the modern Bushnell scopes, they used to be cheap scopes I did have a couple 35 years ago, they worked well but would fog up and were not the greatest at light gathering. I would think they have improved since those days. I know they make high end scopes now days, I could not see paying big bucks for a Bushnell, just because I have always known of them as a cheap scope.

I have been doing a lot of searching for AR scopes, and long eye relief scopes. I found some Cabela's scopes that looked like possible good choices of cheaper scopes.

Comment

I really like my athlon.

Comment

Thanks guys! Dubb what athlon do you have?
                Just found a diamondback Vortex 4-16 for $199 seriously thinking about buying that one. Nothing but good experiences with Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by J Loves Huntin View Post
                  Thanks guys! Dubb what athlon do you have?
                  Just found a diamondback Vortex 4-16 for $199 seriously thinking about buying that one. Nothing but good experiences with Vortex
                  Athlon Midas TSP 4

Comment

I can save you some time on trying the Konus scopes. Just don't. The 3 that have come into my possession have all been exiled to the scrap heap. They weren't the top of the line, but were expensive enough to make me cuss. A lot. One I bought new, two came on rifles.

Comment

Burris

Comment

Originally posted by J Loves Huntin View Post
                        Hey guys I got a great deal on an Anderson AR with a 16” barrel. I know a lot of you guys have a ton of AR experience. Wanting to top it with a decently high powered scope with a price range around $200 so I can reach out to 300 yards without a problem

Considering the following

1) Bushnell AR 4.5-18x40

2) Hawke Vantage IR 4-16x50

3) Sightmark Core HX 4-16x44

4) Athlon Talos 4 4-16-40

I also love Sig Optics so I am also looking into them.

Anyone have a scope in these brands they love, hate or have pros and Cons?
                        Anyone have one similar they are getting rid of?
                        I have used a Burris for several years now. Works great no complaints.

Comment

Working...
                        X