Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital super combo license. Yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
    What are you thinking for the durable material to attach the number to the animals?
    You just duct tape your iPhone to the deer, duh………

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
      Don't forget to fill out the log on the back of your phone.
      Only Ticket I've ever received

Comment

Originally posted by black dallas View Post
        i bought the online license last year and never received it. after multiple emails i never even received a response. not a single one. i had to buy a replacement license at an extra cost to me just to have a license. bs
        I've had the same issue with Duck Stamps, I've gone back to just going to the Post Office the last few years

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
          I've had the same issue with Duck Stamps, I've gone back to just going to the Post Office the last few years
          Lucky you. Houston area post offices no longer have them from what I have found.

Comment

i went digital. I betting in the future, paper wont be an option. Lots of other states are the same. prepare your flip phones peepaws

Comment

The only remaining question is what I'm gonna do with all my unused tags this year. Can you make digital tag soup?

Comment

I will stick to paper. I have a feeling they will use info to further the CWD agenda at some point.

Comment

Paper for me and will regroup here to see how it went.

Comment

I'll keep going paper as long as I have the chance if for no other reason than I keep mine every year.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                      Hmmmm, not so sure about that:

INSPECTION AUTHORITY: A game warden who observes a person engaged in an activity governed by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Code or reasonably believes that a person is or has been engaged in such an activity may inspect:
                      any license, permit, tag, or other document issued by the department and required by the Texas Parks and Wildife Code of a person hunting or catching wildlife resources;

any device that may be used to hunt or catch a wildlife resource;
                      any wildlife resource in the person's possession; and
                      the contents of any container or receptacle that is commonly used to store or conceal a wildlife resource.

If your license is on your phone, this seems to me to give GWs authority to look at your phone. Whether or not they can look at anything else on your phone, or even touch it, while looking at your license is a good question. Maybe a LEO or an attorney can chime in here.
                      According to what you posted a Warden can look through your phone even if you have a paper license because of this sentence.

"any device that may be used to hunt or catch a wildlife resource"

All he has to do is suspect you have game cam pics or kill pics on your phone and with todays email cameras most of us do.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                        If they go all digital how can I go to Academy and get a re-print after I use all my tag...... I mean lose my wallet.
                        because of this I predict the below is accurate.

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        I betting in the future, paper wont be an option. Lots of other states are the same. prepare your flip phones peepaws

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                          Only Ticket I've ever received
                          Got me too. It was the first year of that new law.
                          I asked the gw if he could cut me some slack because I didn’t know about the new rule. He said, did you receive the new handbook when you renewed your license? I said yes sir. He said, well you should of read it.

Comment

Good grief some of yall are either doing illegal stuff, or just have no idea how technology and laws work...

may inspect:
                            any license, permit, tag, or other document issued by the department and required by the Texas Parks and Wildife Code of a person hunting or catching wildlife resources;

Your phone was not issued to you by TPWD. You will have to show them your tag e log, but don't have to forfeit your phone. If the warden start searching your phone you can file suit, and anything found would be thrown out in court. Supreme court ruled cell phones fall under the 4th amendment. No searches or seizure with out a judge issued warrant. I doubt they're getting a search warrant because you didn't etag your buck before showing up to camp.

Yes with the app open it will probably have geolocation, but that doesn't mean that's where the animal was harvested. Also most phones now you can change the setting to not let the app know your geo location.
                            Last edited by CrownKiller14; 08-15-2022, 01:19 PM.

Comment

3rd year of ordering online but requested the paper license to be sent to me.....

Comment

I'm in the NO boat this year. Maybe next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X