• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get an injection, will make a huge difference

Comment

I appreciate all of the suggestions.

Comment

When I got Plantar Fasciitis, it turned out that the biggest contributing factor was my shoes were too narrow. I was a Nike Man and wore normal width. After some research, I learned that I needed 2EE to 4EE width shoes.

I went to https://www.roadrunnersports.com/ and used their shoe finder tool to get exactly what I needed. Without changing anything else, including how much I ran, I was pain free in less than two weeks.

Comment

I rolled the frozen water bottle for days when I got home wore the inserts. I finally got so aggravated I just started walking on my heels with all my weight on the heels hurt so bad did this several weeks and finally started easing up and eventually went away.

Comment

I had that problem years ago when I was doing high mileage training for marathons. A running coach helped me change my stride and the problem went away. I was a heel striker - landing on the outside ofmy heel first. Different shoes and a more upright running posture promoted a more natural midfoot strike where you are no longer pounding your heels on every step. Once it became second nature I got faster too

Comment

I've been dealing with it since 10 June.

I highly recommend getting some Dr scholl's plantar fasciitis inserts for a couple pair of your shoes. Also, I just got these slippers called OrthoFeet, and a huge difference.

Hudson men's clog/slippers are crafted with unique comfort features that are not found in any other slipper. Try Risk Free: 60-Day Wear Test. Free Shipping & Returns.

My routine has become wake up massage and stretch foot before stepping out of bed. Then I'd put on my shoes with the Dr School's inserts, but now the slippers. And after breakfast, I'll take ibuprofen to help with the inflammation.

Sounds like you're in the early stages, so at the end of the day you should ice the foot. I probably should still be doing that.

I'm hoping that I'm on the down hill side as I find some days I have no issues, but sure enough if I do to much it hurts. But nothing like day one.

Best of luck.

Comment

I did everything to heal mine. In the end surgery was the only thing that worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a pair of Oofos to wear around the house or any time you don’t have shoes on. It’s the best $50 you’ll ever spend. I battled PF for months and nothing worked until I tried them.

Comment

Originally posted by PigskinDave View Post
                    Get a pair of Oofos to wear around the house or any time you don’t have shoes on. It’s the best $50 you’ll ever spend. I battled PF for months and nothing worked until I tried them.

yes they are. Therapist told me to quit walking on concrete or wood floors bare-footed. Made sense to me.

Comment

I have been dealing with a lot of pain from my left heel for close to a year. I thought it was a result of my left knee and leg being messed up, resulting in me not walking properly. I am pretty sure that does have a lot to do with my heel problem. My knee got messed up 16 years ago, the heel problem just started sometime late last year. In the last year, I have had multiple problems with my left leg, that I either have not had previously or have not had in many years.

I have been mainly wearing my good work boots for the last three years, seldom wear anything else on my feet, in the past 3 years. I really thought that's where the problem started. I was pretty sure, the problem was a result of me not lifting my left foot as high as I should when walking, then the heel of my boot hitting the ground first with every step. Basically was like I was hitting my heel with a soft rubber hammer all day, doing this every day for months, resulted in my heel being bruised. This was my conclusion months ago. Because on the rare occasions I work a pair of shoes, my feet did not hurt as bad, when walking. Getting my boots off and walking around barefoot by far felt the best. I got to where, around the house, inside or outside, I would be barefoot most of the time. My feet felt much better. Wearing either my work boots or my hunting boost, both having a heel, caused the most pain in my heel. I concluded it had something to do, with the way I was walking, then wearing boots, that naturally have a heel that's taller than a shoe, in the heel area.

Then I messed up my left knee pretty badly a few months ago, it was not looking good for about a week, then the knee problems faded. Then I realized I could not bend my leg much at all, eventually figured out that the muscles in my left leg, were locked up tight. The muscles in my leg stayed that way for weeks. I eventually started massaging the muscles, every evening. I eventually got the muscles to loosen up and regained my range of motion with my left leg. While massaging my left leg, I started massaging the muscles all the way down the back of my leg, to my ankle, then massaged my heel. Massaged the sides, back, bottom of my left heel. To my surprise, my heel started feeling better. So I made it a point to continue doing that for a few nights in a row. Ever since, I have had much less pain from my left heel.

Previously, every morning, when I would get out of bed, for the first 5 to 10 minutes, of walking around, my left heel hurt a lot. Then it got to the point, anytime I was not on my feet for 20 minutes or more, when I got up to walk, my heel would hurt when I got up and started walking.

I have been stretching the muscles out in the lower part of my leg. I put my left leg back as far as I can, with my foot on the ground, while standing. Then put a lot of weight on that foot, to stretch the muscles. That has also helped my heel pain.

Then when we went to Tennessee, we hiked a couple of trails up some mountains. That did a lot for relieving my heel pain. They were very rocky trails. Stretching the muscles out in my legs and really using the muscles in my legs did wonders for my heel pain.

I still have some mild pain in my left heel, mainly after walking on concrete all day. The pain, is nowhere near what it had been for many months, it just seemed to keep getting worse.

My problem seems to be more muscle or tendon related. But it does still feel better walking around barefoot, than wearing my boots. Currently the pain, is quite mild, but after walking around on concrete, in my boots, after five or six days, the pain is definitely worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X