No announcement yet.

Wallpaper removal - tips...ideas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet a sponge and wipe it down several times.What peels or bubbles cut and remove it. Skim, texture and paint.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
      Liquid fabric softener works as good as the remover they sell and it's cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

This. ^^^^. Saturate it and give it plenty of time to work. I’ve sprayed it down a second time prior to peeling off before also if I get into some stubborn stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an 8x12 area then about 23' x 13" above cabinets.

I'm torn between sanding and texturing and/or completely removing paper . and texturing.

I want the outcome to last.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
          Liquid fabric softener works as good as the remover they sell and it's cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
          This

Comment

Scoring and a steamer worked well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck. My wife and I bought a house 8 years ago that was all wall papered. We paid someone to take it off and texture the walls. No way was I going to do it.

Comment

I put the thinnest sheet rock over mine and walla. Wall a little thicker about 1/2 "....Then textured it

Comment

At this location, I don't think an extra layer of sheet rock is an option.

I am leaning towards just letting the Wall paper guy take it all down and I'll texture & paint.

Comment

Wagner Steamer. Just did this last year and while it was a complete PITA it was only thing that worked

Comment

Go to Lowe’s and get a gallon of “bonding primer”. Apply it with a 1/2” map roller, let dry and paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I will rip the Sheetrock off the wall before I ever try to remove wallpaper again. Maybe not the most rational thing to do, but certainly more therapeutic.

Comment

The wall paper guy will be here Tuesday. Hope it goes well.

another thread...related to this ...textureing

Comment

Working...
                          X