No announcement yet.

Revolver Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve had far more revolvers jam of every caliber than any semi autos over the years.

Comment

For my 21st birthday my dad bought me a High Standard Sentinel revolver and it is a very dependable. For accuracy I'll go to the Ruger MK IV. I have a couple of other serious target pistols in 22 lr. but I will go to the Ruger every time.

Comment

There is probably a prepper website, blog, forum, youtube channel, etc that discussed the best guns to have for a shtf situation and they probably said the 9 shot .22 revolver was one of the survival situation must haves so folks following them are looking for 'em.

Comment

.22 revolver with rat shot does a number on copperheads, when you find a bunch of ems. It's a handy little gun that doesn't make quite the report that a bigger bore will. Works well on dillows, coons, skunks, rabbits, and squirrels, too.

Edit: Oh yah, works on rats too.

Comment

I've always been a revolver fan. I like semi-autos as well. One of my favorites is the Smith&Wesson models 34/63's. Nice little packing pistols. Not as accurate or easy to shoot as their bigger brothers but handy as all get out. I've accumulated a few over the years. Here's a pic of some of mine.

Comment

Very nice collection M16. Those are real weapons you have in your pic.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                I've always been a revolver fan. I like semi-autos as well. One of my favorites is the Smith&Wesson models 34/63's. Nice little packing pistols. Not as accurate or easy to shoot as their bigger brothers but handy as all get out. I've accumulated a few over the years. Here's a pic of some of mine.

Show off!

Comment

Good revolvers just work. I doubt it’s prepping for shtf that’s just an assumption. I also like revolvers and anyone in my household can use them except my young son. I mean who wants a 22revolver that holds anything less then 9-10? That’s silly. I have a Taurus comp with 25rnd ext mags but even then the revolver is still a sweet plinker to have.

Comment

I'll go with a revolver any day. First, I can load several rounds of rat/snake shot, followed by some solids for other critters. Can't do that with a semi-auto.
                    Mine is an old JC Higgins (High Standard Sentinel), 6", 9 shot. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                      I'll go with a revolver any day. First, I can load several rounds of rat/snake shot, followed by some solids for other critters. Can't do that with a semi-auto.
                      Mine is an old JC Higgins (High Standard Sentinel), 6", 9 shot. Love it.
                      Sure you can. It’s called an extra magazine.

Comment

Working...
                      X