Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kong View Post
    I’d personally add the Wilson case gauge to that list,

For the primer seating tool I’ve used most all of them and currently have 4 different bench mounted models but I prefer the 21st century https://21stcenturyinnovation.com/bu...t-priming-tool

Go ahead and order this case trimmer, it’s going to be a long wait but we’ll worth it in the long run. If you need to trim brass prior to getting it I’m sure one of us have a trimmer that will get you by in the mean time or your welcome to send me the brass and I’ll trim it to your specs. Once you use this trimmer everything else sucks,,

On cleaning the brass, again I’ve got way to many but for what your going to be doing I’d buy a RCBS brass tumbler with SS Pins and a RCBS vibrating with corn Cobb media. The higher end models don’t work any better than these. You could probably get by with the Frankford and get the same result.

If were getting picky you can add a Labradar for working loads up and a bucket of patience and you can a great start. I love mine Once you start this journey you will be adding and trying all kinds of stuff you may or may not need LOL

Thanks, I am ordering the labradar and tumblers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
      I gotta say you must not half-*** anything!

Comment

I will expand a little more. This is not a factory rifle that you can buy at a big box store. When I first got it, I was able to shoot a box of Hornady ELDX. Some round/shells/or any other term, was fine and some the bolt was hard to close.

I called the company that built this and explained it to them while at the range. The informed me that they seen where "Hornady" was make "crap/not so good factory ammo" that had a lot of run out.

I then proceeded to try and load various round from 5 other boxes that I had on had. None of these was able to load as the bolt would not close. I even had to force the bolt back with force a couple of times.

I tried once more, this time it was really stuck. It took jerking the bolt back to get it out, how the brass and powder went fly and the bullet stayed stuck in the barrel.

I sent the gun back along with the box of ammo back to the builder to look over and remove the stuck bullet. I was told that it was in fact the ammo from Hornady that was the issue. It had to much run out for the tight tolerances of this gun.

This is my first custom/non big store bought rifle, so all this is new to me. Have I thought about selling it, yes, but I do not want someone else to have same result as me. Which is why I went down this path of reloading.

I does shoot factory Nosler ammo, just not the Hornady ELDX or ELDM. On a side note, all of the factory ammo I had, I sold it to a friend as his rifle was able to chamber it with no issues.

JP I wouldn’t accept that rifle like that. You should be able to fire any SAAMI spec ammo on that gun without that happening. That sound like a poor chamber job to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Who the heck built that rifle?

Comment

Just be mindful about the current Labradar’s, their a product of the current chip shortage and the “Lite” models their currently selling don’t have Bluetooth on them if that’s a big deal to you. Mine has it and I rarely ever use it but I just wanted to point that out in case it’s something your interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
              Just be mindful about the current Labradar’s, their a product of the current chip shortage and the “Lite” models their currently selling don’t have Bluetooth on them if that’s a big deal to you. Mine has it and I rarely ever use it but I just wanted to point that out in case it’s something your interested in.
              Thanks for the heads.

Do I need to purchase anything else other than tripod for this? I see recoil sensor, would that be needed for suppressor?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                JP I wouldn’t accept that rifle like that. You should be able to fire any SAAMI spec ammo on that gun without that happening. That sound like a poor chamber job to me.

I called and ask when I started talking to Dallas reloads and the builder told me a SAAMI reamer was used.

Comment

I called and ask when I started talking to Dallas reloads and the builder told me a SAAMI reamer was used.
                  Which leads me to think it could be a tight head space. Have it checked or get yourself the go/no go gauges and check it yourself.

Comment

If that’s the case something is definitely not right. All factory ammo is loaded to SAAMI specs. Something is not right with the chambering job.

It only takes about .003” to make a bolt very difficult or impossible to close. Sounds like the chamber was cut a little shallow to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      I gotta say you must not half-*** anything!
                      When JP jumps in, it's both feet and yelling CANNONBALL!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the heads.

Do I need to purchase anything else other than tripod for this? I see recoil sensor, would that be needed for suppressor?
                        All I have is the tripod and a small battery pack I use to run mine with, it works fine with my suppressors as is.

Comment

Buy you a bump gauge too to check shoulder bump. Hornady kit is cheap.

Comment

Thanks for the heads.

A remote trigger isn’t mandatory but it sure makes setting up easier and no missed shots. Only downside is they are sensitive that working the bolt will trigger them and give you an error. I keep mine connected to my phone on the bench in front of me and disarm between shots. Kind of a pain but better than wasted ammo on missed shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Order the extended air gun mic if your shooting suppressed.

I started years ago with RCBS but over the last 10 years I have switched to exclusively Redding as I feel they have the superior seating die.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                A remote trigger isn’t mandatory but it sure makes setting up easier and no missed shots. Only downside is they are sensitive that working the bolt will trigger them and give you an error. I keep mine connected to my phone on the bench in front of me and disarm between shots. Kind of a pain but better than wasted ammo on missed shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Controlling it with your phone is the only way to go!

Comment

Working...
                                X