Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bunch Of Folks Dead - Bow Attack

People kill people..

A man armed with a bow fired arrows at shoppers in a small Norwegian town Wednesday, killing five people before he was arrested, authorities said. The police chief in the community of Kongsberg, near the capital of Oslo, said there was “a confrontation” between officers and the assailant, but he did not elaborate. Acting Prime Minister Erna Solberg described the attack as “gruesome” and said it was too early to speculate on a motive.

Probably used a black bow and a high capacity quiver. Dang bow violence getting out of control.

Comment

Add bow control to gun control. Then knife control and vehicle control

Comment

Holy smokes has Lars gone crazy?
        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk"]Lars Andersen: A new level of archery - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

5 with a bow, dang

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy
            Mechanical or fixed blade? What were the blood trails like? Is it difficult to draw a tag?
            (SOOO immature)

I did wonder if he used a compound or recurve. Compound would have the accuracy and power but can generally shoot quicker with the recurve. They didn't say on the news I saw

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
              I did wonder if he used a compound or recurve. Compound would have the accuracy and power but can generally shoot quicker with the recurve. They didn't say on the news I saw
              Wondered the same. I would bet a recurve or long bow. But it sounds like he wondered around for while shooting people, so how fast he was able to get off shots, may not have been a factor.

The fact that most seemed to have died quickly, I would guess he was using broadheads of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by RedYote View Post
                5 with a bow, dang
                There have been some knifings over the years, where a single guy, stabbed and or sliced up 20 plus people. I don't remember the numbers killed in those incidents.

Comment

If guns are outlawed…. Evil will still do evil

A &@$$&er killed people in Boston with a crock pot… so that basically proves my point to those with functional brains.

Comment

This is a bad deal. I have spent a many days in that small town for work and have a lot of friends there. It’s a very small, friendly and peaceful town. My heart and prayers go out to them.

It does prove that crazy/sick/evil will always find a tool that can cause harm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy
                      Mechanical or fixed blade? What were the blood trails like? Is it difficult to draw a tag?
                      (SOOO immature)
                      Immature wasn't what I was thinking.

Comment

Believe I heard it was a crossbow

Comment

I’ll take modem day Robin Hood for 500 Alex !

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                            This is a bad deal. I have spent a many days in that small town for work and have a lot of friends there. It’s a very small, friendly and peaceful town. My heart and prayers go out to them.

It does prove that crazy/sick/evil will always find a tool that can cause harm.

I lived over there and that’s where our project engineering was done with FMC. Beautiful town, great people, horrible thing to happen there. The murder rate is so low, this one event likely doubled their annual murders.

He used a crossbow according to the article posted, can’t believe no one intervened when he was recocking it.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                              He used a crossbow according to the article posted, can’t believe no one intervened when he was recocking it.
                              This X 100. How in the hell did he manage to recock it 4 times, and not one person even tried to intervene?

Comment

Working...
                              X