Lightweight Scopes Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightweight Scopes Recommendations

Trying to lighten up my mountain rifle setup. Currently running a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22×50 in Seekins Rings.

Would like to stay around the 20x range, MOA, SFP, and zero stop.

I could probably shave a few ounces with different rings but scope wise looking for recommendations for around $2k budget.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

The Leupold vx6hd scopes should allow you to shave off 6+ ounces depending on what magnification range you use. But looks like a 4-24 would shave 6.5 off and their 3-18 would shave off 8 ounces. Checks all your boxes as well. Zero stop, sfp, around 2k, reticles don't suck, and around 20 on magnification ranges.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

I looked at everything glass wise for my mountain rifle build. Ended up with a Zeiss Conquest V6.

Comment

I like the Leupold VX6HD but I would be giving up 25 MOA of elevation. Which I would not have guessed being its a 34mm tube. Otherwise it checks all my boxes. Need to look at the ballistics again on my 7mm Rem Mag load.

Comment

Originally posted by jstanton View Post
          I like the Leupold VX6HD but I would be giving up 25 MOA of elevation. Which I would not have guessed being its a 34mm tube. Otherwise it checks all my boxes. Need to look at the ballistics again on my 7mm Rem Mag load.

It’s a light weight hunting rifle. Not gonna be shooting at 1000+ hardly ever I doubt. All you need is reliable hunting distance. IMO the vx6hd is massively overpriced.

The Mk5 is cheaper. That’s insane to me. I’m running a 5-25 illuminated Mk5 on my “light” PRC and it’s easy to carry all over. Scope weighs 30 ounces. The 3-18 isn’t much less. Not sure how they pulled that off lol.

Shop used.

Swaro z6

Vx5

Mk5

The new lightweight razor suits your needs but I know nothing of glass quality and reliability. It’s well within your budget.

Older used vx6 sub 1k would be a great choice too. There’s not a ton of light options in that 1500-2k range. I prefer to give up weight savings for glass quality and toughness. Take a hard look at that new vortex and report back!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            It’s a light weight hunting rifle. Not gonna be shooting at 1000+ hardly ever I doubt. All you need is reliable hunting distance. IMO the vx6hd is massively overpriced.

The Mk5 is cheaper. That’s insane to me. I’m running a 5-25 illuminated Mk5 on my “light” PRC and it’s easy to carry all over. Scope weighs 30 ounces. The 3-18 isn’t much less. Not sure how they pulled that off lol.

Shop used.

Swaro z6

Vx5

Mk5

The new lightweight razor suits your needs but I know nothing of glass quality and reliability. It’s well within your budget.

Older used vx6 sub 1k would be a great choice too. There’s not a ton of light options in that 1500-2k range. I prefer to give up weight savings for glass quality and toughness. Take a hard look at that new vortex and report back!
            In hunting applications my shots are no more than 800 yards in Colorado and New Mexico for elk and mule deer but I practice out to 1,200 yards to hone my skills and for fun! I also just found a range that has out to 1,500 yards not too far from me so I would like to try that out with this gun as well. I may be asking too much out of this rifle but I can try! To 1,500 yards I will need about 49 MOA according to Strelok with my current load pushing 168gr Berger VLDs.

The VX6HD 4-24x52 lists for $1,999 which is the same as the Mark 5HD 5-25-56 on the Leupold website for the ones I was looking at. I like them both on paper but would really like to get them in hand first.

I had forgotten about the Swarovski Z6 line so I will take a hard look at it, it is about 8 ounces lighter than my NXS which comes in at 31 ounces. I will also look at the Razor HD LH, thanks for the recommendations!

I love my NXS and if nothing else I will just stick with it and tote that tank around the mountains!

Comment

After they deliver the dies I just bought from you, I'll be workind up a load for my Sendero and upgrading my scope as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jstanton View Post
                In hunting applications my shots are no more than 800 yards in Colorado and New Mexico for elk and mule deer but I practice out to 1,200 yards to hone my skills and for fun! I also just found a range that has out to 1,500 yards not too far from me so I would like to try that out with this gun as well. I may be asking too much out of this rifle but I can try! To 1,500 yards I will need about 49 MOA according to Strelok with my current load pushing 168gr Berger VLDs.

The VX6HD 4-24x52 lists for $1,999 which is the same as the Mark 5HD 5-25-56 on the Leupold website for the ones I was looking at. I like them both on paper but would really like to get them in hand first.

I had forgotten about the Swarovski Z6 line so I will take a hard look at it, it is about 8 ounces lighter than my NXS which comes in at 31 ounces. I will also look at the Razor HD LH, thanks for the recommendations!

I love my NXS and if nothing else I will just stick with it and tote that tank around the mountains!
                Don’t look at their website. I’ve bought 3 mk5s this year. None were even close to that price. CS tactical. And a few others on the hide are offering great prices. If you get near me you’re welcome to check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Don’t look at their website. I’ve bought 3 mk5s this year. None were even close to that price. CS tactical. And a few others on the hide are offering great prices. If you get near me you’re welcome to check them out.
                  You are right, the best I could find is $2099 for the non-illuminated which is what I prefer. Most commonly running $2299-$2399 though. Thanks for the offer, if I find myself in your neck of the woods I will take you up on that!

Comment

Working...
                  X