No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if there's a public dump in or around Trinity? I wouldn't be opposed to driving north to Crockett or south to Huntsville either. Just got a bunch of crap another lease left around their camp before we took over and it's got to go.

Comment

found out today that the best property I have ever hunted in east texas was clear cut last week and the landowner has plans to turn it into a subdivision. Sick to my stomach to say the least...

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Does anyone know if there's a public dump in or around Trinity? I wouldn't be opposed to driving north to Crockett or south to Huntsville either. Just got a bunch of crap another lease left around their camp before we took over and it's got to go.
        Usually the county maintains a couple transfer sites. You might reach out to them.

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
          found out today that the best property I have ever hunted in east texas was clear cut last week and the landowner has plans to turn it into a subdivision. Sick to my stomach to say the least...
          Dang that sucks. I can’t imagine anyone jumping into building a subdivision right now with how high lumber prices are

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
            Dang that sucks. I can’t imagine anyone jumping into building a subdivision right now with how high lumber prices are
            Yea hes just getting the planning started. Doubt he's gonna do anything by the time season gets here but he went ahead and cut all the timber on the place and is in the process of getting it raked & piled.

Comment

Yea hes just getting the planning started. Doubt he's gonna do anything by the time season gets here but he went ahead and cut all the timber on the place and is in the process of getting it raked & piled.

Can you still hunt it? Put feeders on the edges!
              “If you build it, he will come”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

First fawn of the year spotted in San Jacinto County today. 201 days puts it right around Oct. 15th breed date.

Comment

Man that SUCKS. Where is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    Man that SUCKS. Where is this?
                    Nacogdoches county

Comment

Nothing But Problems

Went to my 30 acres to build a blind and fill feeders. Blind did not turn out as good as I hoped but it's better than a pop-up which is what I was using. Went to fill feeders. I have 2, each one on a pipeline about 100 yards on each side of where I will be sitting. Well, my creek crossing is washed out. So, I cut some trees and dropped in the creek just so I could get my corn across. As it turned out I got stuck going up the other side. So, I had to carry my corn to the feeder and walk out of the woods to get my tractor and b-i-l to help me out. Finally got the 4 wheeler out and had to carry a ladder back down there to fill the feeder. Low and behold, the squirrels chewed a hole in the lid. Went back to the truck, got some tape and went back and taped it the hole. I still love hunting.
                      Last edited by U.S.ArmyRetired; 05-15-2021, 06:56 AM. Reason: Trying to add pictures

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                        Went to my 30 acres to build a blind and fill feeders. Blind did not turn out as good as I hoped but it's better than a pop-up which is what I was using. Went to fill feeders. I have 2, each one on a pipeline about 100 yards on each side of where I will be sitting. Well, my creek crossing is washed out. So, I cut some trees and dropped in the creek just so I could get my corn across. As it turned out I got stuck going up the other side. So, I had to carry my corn to the feeder and walk out of the woods to get my tractor and b-i-l to help me out. Finally got the 4 wheeler out and had to carry a ladder back down there to fill the feeder. Low and behold, the squirrels chewed a hole in the lid. Went back to the truck, got some tape and went back and taped it the hole. I still love hunting.

Sounds like you got plenty of exercise. That will be me soon enough.
                        My little lease tends to hold water and groveton has been seeing lots of rain lately. Even my 4 wheeler will leave ruts. So i’ll have to carry my corn about 600 yards to the feeder as well. In about a month or so, it will be drier than a popcorn fart and i can drive a 3/4 ton diesel across it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

TPWD has released the dates for season

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post

Sounds like my usual Mexico trip [emoji1787]

Comment

I was trying to post pics of my adventure but it says files won't load. I can't figure out how to resize on my phone.

Comment

In for the new season

Comment

Working...
                                X