Remington 870 Redo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 870 Redo

I took my youngest son to shoot some skeet and he was hooked. I started trying to find him an 870 youth 20ga, but they do not exist anymore. I was talking to a co-worker about trying to find one and he said, he had an old one in the safe. He sold it to me cheap, but it was beat up. The stock was pretty rough and was the old yellow/orange high gloss. The barrel and receiver were covered in surface rust. I broke it down and spent a day sanding. I have a good friend that does hydro-dipping and she offered to do it for me. They sand blasted the receiver and barrel. I picked a Kryptic camo pattern that is grey and brown. I finished the stock with some grey stain, and put on several coats of polyurethane satin finish. Honestly the gun probably looks better than it did off the shelf new. His birthday is in January, so I am going to try and sit on it till then. I am tickled with how it turned out and I think he will be thrilled. Not bad for a beater 870.
    Attached Files

I like it!

Comment

Awesome!!!

Your friend local to you? I’m not to far and might have a project that needs something similar.

Comment

Bay City. Both police officers and are awesome folks.

Comment

Turned out really nice!!!

Comment

Man that’s sick I need to get my duck hunt done

Comment

That turned out good, I think he’ll like it!

Comment

Looks pretty cool. That’s news to me they don’t make the youth 20’s anymore, bummer, but those things kick so dang bad for some reason. I think I’ll do something similar to the 870 I turned into a strictly turkey gun.

Comment

Turned out great! I like the way the wood stain turned out in that color. How did you decide to go that route instead of having the furniture hydro dipped as well?

Comment

I just figured the wood would hold up better stained. Hydro dip can get beat up. BTW there are no Remingtons anywhere. They went bankrupt.

Comment

Sully’s Hydro Arts and Graphics. Only have Facebook. On me if u want contact info.

Comment

Great job! That looks amazing.

Comment

Your son is gonna love it!

Comment

That looks great!

I too am surprised that 870 youth 20 gauge don’t exist anymore.

Comment

Looks great, good job on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X