The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigPun View Post
    Pour one for an amazing musician taken much too soon. Cliff Burton passed away this day, 35 years ago.
    How is this one? What would you compare it to?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      I don’t have any Old Elk yet but I know a little back story about it.

Don’t know how true it is but the creator of otter box supposedly started Old Elk. There’s a guy I met a couple times used to be a sales rep at T-Mobile and the otter box creator recruited him to work for otter box. He worked for otter box snd the owner took a liking to him and brought him to Colorado to help work on a bourbon company a few years ago and he’s been there ever since.

Wow. Just checked and he’s now the CEO of Old Elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Old Elk started with MGP juice. I don't think their own product has actually hit the shelves yet. I'm not a fan of the straight bourbon, but their Wheated is one of my favorites. I picked up a store pick barrel proof Old Elk wheated recently - it is amazing. I'd put it up against the best and I mean the best wheaters out there.

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
        How is this one? What would you compare it to?
        It's decent, def not worth the money. I'm not big on rye to start, but it's similar to the other Willet rye's I've had. Was curious so I picked it up, I don't hate it but I won't buy it again.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPun View Post
          It's decent, def not worth the money. I'm not big on rye to start, but it's similar to the other Willet rye's I've had. Was curious so I picked it up, I don't hate it but I won't buy it again.
          I've read where the non rye is a decent pour so I was curious. I am also one of the weird ones who enjoys the rye spice which I guess makes sense being that I like higher proofs anyways.

Thanks for the honest review

Comment

Found a EH Taylor small batch on the shelf in Lubbock. About $10 more than I usually like to spend, but you guys talked me into it lol. They only had one bottle out, with a tag saying one bottle per customer. I suspect they may have had more in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
              Found a EH Taylor small batch on the shelf in Lubbock. About $10 more than I usually like to spend, but you guys talked me into it lol. They only had one bottle out, with a tag saying one bottle per customer. I suspect they may have had more in the back.
              Everyone should have it at least once.

Comment

Dang it man. I was just at specs in Lubbock on Tuesday looking around. Is that where you got it?

Comment

Pinkies on 4th and Quaker.
                  Last edited by Jason Fry; 09-30-2021, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Pinkies on 4th and Quaker.
                    I almost Pulled into the Pinky’s on Slide but was running a little
                    Ate for dove hunting. I will stop by next time I’m there.

Comment

Got lucky today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty good score this afternoon.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Picked this up in Port A. Not sure if anyone would be interested in trading something for it.

Comment

Found another today. Hope it lives up to the hype.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I picked these up today.

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Went to Specs in Granbury yesterday and the girl said they had just got in Heaven Hill. Ok, what is the significance of that? Well, lots of people have been asking for it and it’s limit 1.

Is this the next Taylor?

Grabbed one and it was ok for $40 but not better than Woodford or Four Roses.

Comment

Working...
                                X