Creating a Will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    Brilliant statement. While a holographic will is better than dying intestate (and you can also find POA and DPOA forms online), depending on the assets and complexity of the estate, provisions for children etc., it makes sense for a lot of people to have a lawyer actually perform legal work.
    Or a holistic holographic will.

Comment

Originally posted by frios View Post
      4 things
      1. last will testament
      2. medical power of attorney
      3. durable power of attorney
      4. directive to physicians and family or surrogates

All 4 can be done by a lawyer for around $350 to $500...depending.

Trust me...all these needed because god forbid something happens and none of these are done...its a nightmare for those trying to figure out estate, monies, burial, on and on.

Don't believe the youtube or free stuff online...just pay for a lawyer who does this for a living.
      Pretty much sums it up ...

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Why do you continue to show your ignorance?
        I guess you like lawyers, Randy.

Comment

For some of the most important documents in your life and to alleviate any problems for your Family get a licensed/certified lawyer to prepare these. Do this correctly to not have problems. Why take chances you missed something.

Comment

I'm leaving everything to my wife, she is 16 years younger than me. She can get a will after I croak.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              I'm leaving everything to my wife, she is 16 years younger than me. She can get a will after I croak.
              If you have kids it’s not that simple in Tx.

Comment

I got kids, she has kids, why do you say its not that simple? I'm interested........

Comment

I got kids, she has kids, why do you say its not that simple? I'm interested........
                  If you want to dictate who receives your assets and not the state of Tx get a legal binding will for you and your wife.

Comment

Because the Texas rules for intestate succession are pretty jacked up. She won't get much from you if you die without a will.

Comment

Guys, I am talking about the will in post #5.

Comment

I guess you like lawyers, Randy.
                        Believe it or not Mr B was telling you this for a reason. From what I have seen from him he doesn’t just make these comments for the heck of it on matters such as this topic.

Comment

Even more of a reason to have wills for each of you.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                            Believe it or not Mr B was telling you this for a reason. From what I have seen from him he doesn’t just make these comments for the heck of it on matters such as this topic.
                            Yeah, I respect his opinions but this was just a swipe at me for dissing bloodsucking lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                              Even more of a reason to have wills for each of you.
                              If I want to leave every single asset I own to my wife only, then why can't I just put that in a handwritten will?

Comment

If I want to leave every single asset I own to my wife only, then why can't I just put that in a handwritten will?
                                Holographic wills generally don’t have a non-attestation clause and certainly not a self-proving affidavit etc. A will written on a napkin is a valid will (if all in testator’s hand, signed . . . ), but it may also be subject to a great amount of scrutiny. Not a wise choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X