No announcement yet.

Public land Buck Down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really enjoyed the write up, beautiful buck!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
        I have heard about the Axis! Wish that was still the case, but believe they are all knocked out by now. You are definitely right about the flexibility. My plan this fall/spring is to get as many trail cams out as possible and monitor them throughout the year. Your buddy's class of buck still exists out there as well! Multiple 160+ deer shot out there last year. Just have to find those pockets. If I remember right, we live just down the street from each other. You aren't hunting at Hood any longer are you?
        No, I don't hunt Ft Hood any longer. I'm on a lease and concentrate most of my hunting there now. If I ever lose my lease I might battle Ft Hood again at some point. The friend in the picture lived in Morgan's Point as well until he passed away a little over a year ago. He hunted Ft Hood exclusively and had a guide spot there for a good while, so he had a great lay of the land and spots out there.

I didn't see the big neighborhood buck last year or this year. Do you know if he is still alive ?

Comment

Fan freaking tastic man, congrats!

Comment

That's a cool buck from the HOOD, Congrats!

Comment

Way to get ‘er done. Congratulations to you, very nice looking deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

solid buck, great pics.

Comment

Cool write up and awesome deer. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by goldtip5575 View Post
                    No, I don't hunt Ft Hood any longer. I'm on a lease and concentrate most of my hunting there now. If I ever lose my lease I might battle Ft Hood again at some point. The friend in the picture lived in Morgan's Point as well until he passed away a little over a year ago. He hunted Ft Hood exclusively and had a guide spot there for a good while, so he had a great lay of the land and spots out there.

I didn't see the big neighborhood buck last year or this year. Do you know if he is still alive ?
                    Still need to meet you at some point. I haven't seen him either! As old as he was I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it past 2019. Would love to find his sheds or dead head I know that!

Comment

Congrats brother!

Comment

Congratulations. Great buck. I hunt on Hood also. It is difficult but it is worth it IMO. I read all the complaints on FB and all of the bs about stalk hunters, equipment coming up missing and all of it. I say if you don't like it go get on a lease or buy your own property. Not everyone can afford that and that is why I put up with all the craziness. I do have 30 acres in North East Texas but it is a 4.5 hour drive one way and I can't drive that every weekend. I only go on long weekends so Hood is best for me.

Great write up. God Bless.

Comment

Awesome deer! Congrats

Comment

A great public land hunt buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
                              Still need to meet you at some point. I haven't seen him either! As old as he was I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it past 2019. Would love to find his sheds or dead head I know that!
                              Would definitely like to meet up at some point. I live at the end of Sobrante Road and the corner of Corral (look for the Shaved Ice Trailer) if you are ever over that way feel free to stop by. I was thinking the same thing on the old neighborhood buck. Was really surprised he was able to get that old, and I thought he may have also just up and dies, but he looked to still be in pretty good health. You never know someone may have poached him. He was definitely a special buck out there.
                              Last edited by goldtip5575; 10-05-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Great deer! Lots of ****ing words!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X