Missing 23 year old hiker in Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    If I ever go missing in the mountains, I hope my family/authorities don't give up the search after only 9 or 10 days. She could be out there with a broken leg or pinned under a boulder or something. Living off rainwater and body fat.

I understand resources/budgets but *****.
    Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
    I agree, she could easily be alive after 10 days. That’s some big country out there and it can hide you well. Sad deal for sure.
    Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
    For real...seems like they gave up pretty quick.
    Pretty sure they have been searching for over a month if she was last heard from on July 1st
    Dang near a month, doubt she is alive after that long but always a slim possibility she could be

Sounds to me like she had plenty of experience to be out there, not some city bozo that just got a wild hair to go mountain climbing
    I could think of a lot worse places to die than in the mountains

Hope she went quick and hope her family can find comfort knowing she was doing something she loved

Comment

They had storms in the area the day she disappeared. If she was injured, hypothermia could have killed her within hours.

Comment

Sad deal all around, prayers for her family and that she maybe alive surviving on what she can find. The mountains can provide plenty of ways to survive and just as many not too.

Comment

I have a 23 yo son & a 21 yo daughter who are both very adventurous but never never never out by themselves. I just don't understand why she was by herself.

Comment

There are a bunch of softies here. This young woman was training to hike many mountains since she was a kid, a very admirable goal. She seemed to be well prepared for this adventure and very capable of doing this by herself. Now, some of you are blaming her parents. I bet it was a bear when she was sleeping

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
              Generally a bodybuilding Olympic quality female can get killed fairly quickly by an average 14 year old boy…ITS JUST A FACT !
              Wow, you out there, Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189
                What do I have to be scared of ? So which sentence set you off, my opinion that she shouldn’t be doing that alone ? I won’t change that opinion and I’ll bet her friends and family have the same opinion and I’ll also bet she had some thoughts along those lines. I hope she’s alive and gets rescued but it ain’t looking good is it ? Wouldn’t she have been much better off if she had had a partner ? And what the hell is a Karen ? I’m not woke like you so I don’t know.
                Yes, I am sure you have never done anything by yourself, I can just tell. LOL. Now, go back in your house and be safe.

Comment

I bet I’m her last moments on earth she was thinking “I’m so glad I’m alone”! C’mon man. Hopefully she died quickly and didn’t have time for regret or sorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                    Prayers up for her and her family. Possibly a bear involved??
                    Most likely that dang sasquatch.

Comment

Yep. The same even goes for wade fishing. Things can go south in a hurry.
                      Originally posted by S-3 Ranch
                      Going solo doing dangerous stuff is foolish, climbing 12k peaks is dangerous ( yes/ no ? ) my vote is yes need a partner !
                      Heck filling up feeders is dangerous if you are using a ladder
                      Much less free climbing a rocky peak

Comment

Working...
                      X