Cwd. Who has it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
    I totally understand that...except we paid them to kill them....a bunch of money. So they didnt lose any money doing it this way....which is right. They shouldn't bear that burden, the ranch should. The untagged deer I wont argue about killing them. But kill and test all of them, on the ranches dime. If they are all negative, stop right there. Why go kill a bunch more?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I guess they couldn't account for all the deer you had brought in? Say, you had a deer brought in two or three years ago. Deer died last year and they weren't able to test it. That deer could have possibly exposed another deer you don't know about. That deer could have exposed another deer and so on...

Comment

Come on. You do wear your mask alone in the car dont you! Burn it all! Easy for you to say. Wait until it's your money and you were 100% innocent.

Simple. It's not going to affect my money, wouldn't have ever crossed my mind to invest in a breeder deer, even before CWD.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        Instant gratification is the name of the game. People can’t work with what they have and improve on that. Too much effort and work. Instead have a pissing contest on who can buy the biggest buck. In the meantime let’s spread a disease instantly across the state that would take hundreds of years naturally.
        Is a DMP pen ok in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
          Simple. It's not going to affect my money, wouldn't have ever crossed my mind to invest in a breeder deer, even before CWD.
          See, the real investment is the land. However, a piece of land with big deer on it is worth a lot more than one without it in the same general area. So while the investment looked like it was in the deer, it was more of a full picture concept. That piece of land being fenced, which it was when it was purchased, is now more valuable with 200" deer on it.

Comment

You don't have a right to infect the state's entire deer herd with your livestock.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
              Is a DMP pen ok in your opinion?
              It’s still unnatural manipulation. So no I don’t do it on my ranch. At least it doesn’t spread diseases across the state. Provided you don’t introduce a breeder deer from somewhere else.

Comment

It’s still unnatural manipulation. So no I don’t do it on my ranch. At least it doesn’t spread diseases across the state. Provided you don’t introduce a breeder deer from somewhere else.
                It's working with what you have so why isn't it okay? Shooting cull's is unnatural manipulation as well. So is manually altering your herd balance or buck to doe ratio. Feeding protein is also an unnatural manipulation.....

Comment

It's working with what you have so why isn't it okay? Shooting cull's is unnatural manipulation as well. So is manually altering your herd balance or buck to doe ratio. Feeding protein is also an unnatural manipulation.....
                  Just my personal line in the sand. No right or wrong to it. Long as it’s legal you can cheat a little or you can cheat a lot.

I don’t know what a cull deer happens to be. Other than a justification to shoot a deer.

Feeding protein is no doubt unnatural. So is habitat manipulation. It just depends on where you draw your line.

Comment

Just my personal line in the sand. No right or wrong to it. Long as it’s legal you can cheat a little or you can cheat a lot.

I don’t know what a cull deer happens to be. Other than a justification to shoot a deer.

Feeding protein is no doubt unnatural. So is habitat manipulation. It just depends on where you draw your line.
                    That was my point. I truly believe the only "natural" hunting left is in the mountains chasing elk or mule deer or old mexico chasing whitetails.

Comment

They accept live testing for movement but not trace out . Makes zero sense , and it is not driven by keeping the states deer herd alive , it’s money. It’s the quest to bring back the 20k 200” deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                        yes. More Uvalde facilities tested positive and they moved infected deer to Hunt Couny, Matagorda County, and Mason County, all of which found 1 or more positives.
                        Your facts are not correct! Be sure of your data before you spout off misinformation. Hunt county facility is 6 year cwd certified free herd and has not brought in any deer.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          You don't have a right to infect the state's entire deer herd with your livestock.
                          It was in those native deer first!

Comment

See, the real investment is the land. However, a piece of land with big deer on it is worth a lot more than one without it in the same general area. So while the investment looked like it was in the deer, it was more of a full picture concept. That piece of land being fenced, which it was when it was purchased, is now more valuable with 200" deer on it.

The problem is your neighbors land and deer herd stands to be permanently affected as soon as that first tree falls on the fence.

The potential (and extreme likelihood) of those deer getting out of their pens seems to nullify any argument for being able to move them.

Comment

I personally believe a lot of the "low fence" deer winning all the deer contests these days could be offspring of "introduced" genetics. When I first started hunting south Texas and Mexico with my dad, 25 years ago, a 160" deer was BIG! I still remember the day I saw my first 200" deer getting scored at las cazadores. That thing was like the "white buffalo"! Now a 200" low fence deer won't even come close to winning the low fence division.
                              2020/2021 Low Fence Archery Winners:
                              1st Place - 217
                              2nd Place - 201
                              3rd Place - 189

2020/2021 Low Fence Overall Winners:
                              1st Place - 221
                              2nd Place - 211
                              3rd Place - 201

Comment

Originally posted by gunslinger300 View Post
                                Your facts are not correct! Be sure of your data before you spout off misinformation. Hunt county facility is 6 year cwd certified free herd and has not brought in any deer.
                                You're right, but more of a typo than spreading misinformation. I was typing something else and copy and paste got me. But, the Hunt County place is no longer a certified free herd and the disease came from somewhere. And the other facilities did get it from the Uvalde place.

Comment

Working...
                                X