Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Nanny in NRH/Hurst, TX are- Any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Nanny in NRH/Hurst, TX are- Any recommendations?

Long story short, my MIL has been watching the kids for the last year but she is no longer able to do so. I need to quickly find some help and would prefer a nanny to a daycare ATM.

1. Anyone hire a nanny and what service did you use?
    2. Anyone in the area have one they would recommend?

Work would be full time for now. I work from home most days so I am around, but I am obviously unable to work and watch kids.

Its a long shot on here, but thought it was worth a try.

Evening bump...

Comment

All i can say do your home work on hiring a professional Nanny. Hire through a service. Do not hire a non registered Nanny. Had a friend that hired someone that was refereed to them. One of the kids feel off the bed, the nanny freaked and split. No way of finding or tacking her. CPS shows up, ICE shows up. Im sure you can search the web for Nannys they will send 3-4?to you. The wife will check them out, be careful don’t discriminate becuse of age. Are you looking for a live in or come in Am and leave pm

Comment

How much does it pay? I’m getting a little tired of this construction racket, I might like to look after someone who cry’s less, and doesn’t need someone to clean up after them.[emoji15][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw a video that started like this once.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            How much does it pay? I’m getting a little tired of this construction racket, I might like to look after someone who cry’s less, and doesn’t need someone to clean up after them.[emoji15][emoji16]

Hah!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I saw a video that started like this once.

Dude I was looking on care.com and told my wife I wasn’t sure if I was looking at Nanny profiles or tender dates.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                All i can say do your home work on hiring a professional Nanny. Hire through a service. Do not hire a non registered Nanny. Had a friend that hired someone that was refereed to them. One of the kids feel off the bed, the nanny freaked and split. No way of finding or tacking her. CPS shows up, ICE shows up. Im sure you can search the web for Nannys they will send 3-4?to you. The wife will check them out, be careful don’t discriminate becuse of age. Are you looking for a live in or come in Am and leave pm
                That’s why I am trying to find someone via a recommendation vs some rando from the inter webs.

We prefer 8-5 gig or something similar. I am mainly concerned if I trust them with the kids. The good thing is I will be there most of the time. The fallback is daycare but my daughter (10 mon) won’t let anyone but my MIL, wife and myself pick her up. My son couldn’t care less, he’s friends with everyone. That’s my concern with daycare and all the covid restrictions.

Comment

We used Care over a ten year period with great success. Like anything, you have to wade thru A LOT to narrow down the applicants, but typically we found 2-3 to choose from. The profiles of some are too funny.

Comment

We live in this area. I'll check with the wife. She may have some quality candidates to refer.

Edit:
                    Well, she quickly replied that she didn't know of anyone.
                    Last edited by Chad C; 02-25-2021, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Good nannies are a lot like good leases- if you find a good one, you be quiet and don't let anyone know!
                      Good luck- we had success in Lake Highlands asking on neighborhood mom Facebook pages.

Comment

Best of luck. We have had our nanny for 8+ years. She started with us when my son was 4 weeks old. It has cost us a small fortune, but she has been a blessing to all of us. Find one that truly cares about kids…..

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                          Dude I was looking on care.com and told my wife I wasn’t sure if I was looking at Nanny profiles or tender dates.

We’ve interviewed a few from Care.com and even hired one but I fired her the first day for not showing up at the designated time. We have not been impressed with any of the ones on there.

Comment

1st world issue. My first thought was I would never be able to - - then I remembered that the dog in my avater had a nanny for the first 2 years of it's life. We paid all of her expenses.
                            I knew that dang dog needed to know it's place in our pecking order or someone would get hurt. We never gave it an inch of room to act a fool.........
                            We work from home and helped her teach the dog................

Comment

Working...
                            X