No announcement yet.

Does your kid mow the grass????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They did before they grew up and went out on their own. I do the mowing now.
    No
    It was a half acre mowed with self propelled walk behind mower.
    You should hear the stories they tell now when we have family gatherings. Of me teaching them the correct way to mow.

Comment

Absolutely he mows and his payment is thanks for helping out around house.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
        6 acres. Mow bout 1ac w z-turn, rest w tractor.
        35 yo son at home. He** no I don't pay him! Well.... actually I do.
        Rent, food, kids keep, etc....

So..... bout $1k / hr !!!

Your son and I are the same age, and Someone would literally have to kill me before moving back in with my parents at 35….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We had to keep their cars clean and turn and move compost - - plus mow.....

Started a lawn service at 13. My company turned 32 years old in Febuary. Work ethc is set.....

Comment

Yep, my girls have been on the push mower since age 8 and my son starts learning tomorrow morning.
            Everytime they ask for money, they know they can get a quick $10 for the yard and they do it willingly.

Comment

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

No.

Comment

My dad worked me 7 days a week in his lawn & landscape company from the age of 9 with no pay [emoji23] he used the rent trick.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                  Same here. He mows and I weedeat. We take turns on the blower. We do not pay directly but when we head to the lease or fishing I may buy him something he wanted.

What is a green light card.

Pretty close to this. Mine son is 8, honestly he does a terrible job, but he is a beginner. I point out the area and he fixes most of it, then wait till he is gone and fix the rest. He is getting better. He gets $15, we have .3ac lot and our self propelled mower is more like a “heavy push mower”.

He is still “in training”. But he fills up the gas tank, checks the oil, and mows 90% and weed eats. He just misses spots because he has trouble going in straight lines.

Comment

“Rent and food” cracks me up. They didn’t ask for any of it, YOU did! Giving them a roof over there head and food to eat is your job.

Comment

I do not expect my grandkids or kids to do anything unless they agree to accept payment. Most of time they will not accept money. Ticks me off. Then hair cuts, gas, dinners, it all evens out. LOL. And then once in awhile we slip some spending coins. Spoil them? You bet. Life is too short.

Comment

Our kids got a weekly allowance, only if they cleaned their rooms, dusted , helped around the house as asked. Both have grown and have their own kids(adults) and have applied what they learned too their kids. All have become great respectful people with great careers. Spoil them young or teach them , No, you have a life time to spoil when older.

Comment

Proudest I have been of my son lately is when he asked me how much I was paying the leaf and tree service to do the spring cleanup. He then asked if he could do it for 20.00 cheaper. He and his friend made 180.00 off me but they worked a full day. I even “tipped” them the extra 20.00. Then I got my son up the very next day to mow the lawn for room and board like usual.

Best part is when the pos lawn crew showed up three days late because their boss didn’t tell them I cancelled and the job was already done.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            “Rent and food” cracks me up. They didn’t ask for any of it, YOU did! Giving them a roof over there head and food to eat is your job.

BTW, I’m not questioning anyone’s methods, I know better. I worked my tail off, and I appreciated it....more now than then. I didn’t ask mom and dad for money very often (when I did it was a loan) and they more than made sure I didn’t go without what I needed.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-11-2021, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Mine mows the yard and no I don’t pay him. I figured all we do for him he still owes me and that will be until he leaves the nest for college. There I times I still do it because he has practice, but the weekends he is off he mows.

Comment

My son has been mowing with a push mower since he was 4 1/2. He learned to use a riding mower and started weedeating at 6. I pay him with room, board, full pantry/ fridge, and love.

Comment

Working...
                                X