No announcement yet.

Tpost driver to the noggin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been there done that. 15 staples to the top of my dome.

Comment

Middle of August in the 100 degree heat, got tired and probably too hot. Smacked the top of my head so hard I saw stars for a long while before I was normal again. Didn’t break the skin, but it smacked me pretty good. All it takes is to catch one of those cleats towards the top of the post on the down swing and smack!

Comment

You can't call yourself a proper fence builder if you haven't been initiated by the t-post driver!

Comment

I'll swear! Now I know why we have so many goofy TBHers!

Comment

Been there done that. Just like others, took it to high and it caught on the top of the post. Hurt like a son of a gun, tossed it away and sat for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
              Helping a friend at his place, he had one of those cheap 3lb t post drivers with the square handles. Hurts your hands after a while, so I just grabbed the sleeve and drove the posts that way. Lifted the driver off the post when I was wore out and my bottom hand slipped off the bottom of the sleeve. Bottom thumb landed on t post and I was ****** so at the same time I slammed down with the driver one handed and pinched my thumb off. The pain was only outweighed by my sense of feeling like a dumba**
              Ah, crap happens and that makes sense. I have grabbed the main body instead of the ears a time or two. I just grab higher.

Comment

Happens to lots of folks.. Being hot, tired and frustrated (which happens to just about everyone trying to drive a tpost in hard ground) can easily lead to some stupid mistakes

Comment

Oh yeah, saw stars also.
                  Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                  I knocked myself silly with one once, but didn’t break the skin. I seriously got woozey and had to sit down for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by lunatic'hunter; 04-05-2021, 04:41 AM.

Comment

I
                    Those things should come with a hard hat. I got myself pretty good years ago with one.

Comment

I saw stars and flashing lights when I hit my head, dang near went down, good night that hurt like a sum beach.... as they say "All the Guys have done it"

Comment

Buddy knocked himself good at our place. The button on his hat cut into his scalp. I heard him make a funny sound and by the time i looked over he had blood running down the front of his face. Crazy thing is, he is 6'8"

Comment

Here!

Comment

Happened to me about a month ago. I was helping a buddy build a pen and I was literally on the first T post. Evidently his ground was WAY softer than mine and my first strike went deeper than I realized. It was the second one that got me when I raised the driver too far and it clipped the edge. Man I was muscled up too ready to drive that sucker deep. I knew it split me open the second it hit. Didn't go down or lose consciousness but it will make for a helluva scar when I lose my hair.
                            I've got some bloody pics on my phone but figure nobody needs to see that.

Comment

Once.

But I solved that problem, quick.

hasn't happened since.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                Once.

But I solved that problem, quick.

hasn't happened since.

This looks handier than a shirt pocket.

Comment

Working...