Amazon/eBay lighted nocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    These are the ones I use. They've worked flawlessly.

XHYCKJ 6PCS S Led Lighted Nocks for Arrows with .244"/6.2mm Inside Diameter,Screwdriver Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076KBF3SR...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    I bought the same ones. haven't had any issues with the either.

Comment

I've been using the Deepowers the last two years. Both the ones designed like Victory's old spot nock and the new ones with the switch. I personally haven't had any failures other than some switches going bad; however, I have heard some have. If that is user error or not I have no idea. I think there is a pretty good chance they all come out of the same factory(s) and use the same components and just get thrown in different plastic boxes with different names on them.

Comment

I bought the 6 for 13.99 Amazon crossbow bolt nocs and they work great. My only complaint is that they trigger "on" just putting it on the string if you seat it fully. Which is pretty bright in the predawn.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
          Before shooting at an animal put some bowstring wax in the switch slot and blood won't get in there. Works good.

Thanks man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I switched to Nocturnals universal fit from the cheap knockoffs for my last hunt. I must say they were a major letdown. They dont fit snuggly enough in the arrow so every time I would de-nock an arrow they would pull out of the arrow. Then I shot a nilgai and the Nockturnal was nowhere to be found when i recovered the arrow. After i got home I figured out that the clear plastic nock part had broken off and the inside light part was actually lodged down inside of my arrow somehow. It completely broke to pieces. Shot a javelina and the nocturnal on that arrow also broke to pieces(arrow was stuck in the sandy ground and no rocks or anything around). I guess if I superglued all the pieces together and glued them into my arrow they would be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This post has great timing.... This year I switched to smaller diameter arrows - both .204 and the .196. I've shot lumenok religiously on my standard shafts for years with no issues. So confident that I hardly ever practiced with them - just put them on the arrows for the hunt. Once I went to a small shaft is when I had issues. The smallest ones Lumenok makes is for .204. Those that I've used so far have about a 1 in 4 chance of not lighting up when launched. What I was doing is just turning them on in the stand when I nock my arrow to make sure they were lit when fired but sometimes not a guarantee they will stay on after the shot. I've tried Deepower, China garbage, and Nocturnals for the .204 and the .196. The Nocturnals I've had about the best luck with but the issue is they don't seem to last usually past 5-6 shots. I just started using Nufletch Ignitors in the .204 shafts and really like them. They come in 3 pieces - a small aluminum insert (they say glue it in but you don't have to - it fits snug enough in the arrow), the little battery w/ click light, and then a clear plastic nock. They stay together well even though in 3 pieces and are very easy to turn off - pull of the nock and click the light off. I've shot some atleast 30-40 times with no issues. One other thing I'll note about the Luminoks, Deepower, Chinese Nockturnals, and Nocturnals - I had to tune the nocks on the arrow or else I had a little erratic flight in a few of them. My bow stays papertuned so that's not the issue. The standard shaft arrows with lighted nocks I've not had that issue. The nocks for the new smaller shaft arrows I think are just easier to bend a little causing the arrow to come off out of whack a little. I'm sure this is why some people have issues with them breaking off as well (knock on wood - I've been lucky so far). You can get the Ignitors on Ebay for about $30 for a pack of 3. When you really look at it - we spend all this money on bows, arrows, broadheads, etc.... then want to go cheap on a very important of the arrow by saving a few $$$..... not worth it in my book. I like the lighted nocks because I can easily see my shot placement on video. Also you can check your arrow flight in practice as well - see things you might not see with a standard nock. Just because it hits the target where you aimed doesn't mean the arrow got there without issues. Plus they just looks kick butt as well video!

Comment

For the shaft size you mentioned I would def go with Lumenoks. If you watch ebay you can usually catch them on sale for $28-30 for a pack of 3. They also are the only ones besides the Ignitors I mentioned you can change the battery out on. All the others are a one time use then throw away wants the battery goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                  I had 2 of the amazon Deepower ones fail on me while shooting.. when I say fail, I dont mean didnt light up..

I mean catastrophic failure to the point of 2 arrows shafts breaking in half and one nearly going into my hand.

They may be 15/each, but I will only buy name brand lighted nocks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                  This right here keeps me from going cheap. The surgery on your hand and a dry fired bow will cost a lot more.

Comment

Working...
                  X