Alazon Bayou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alazon Bayou

Anyone going to Alazon Bayou. I got drawn for 11/11 with 8 points.

I considered going over there for standby since I am kind of close. Don't know for sure yet. Have you ever been out there before?

Comment

Never been there. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to hunt it.
      I'm guessing tree stand but I will bring a popup just in case .

Comment

nope never been

Comment

Used to be a compartment hunt. There is a high line in one compartment.
          I've bow hunted there a lot, if it were me I'd just set down by one of the big oak trees and stay mobile.
          If you get up in a tree most places it will limit your line of sight.
          Assuming this is a gun hunt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, gun hunt. It's listed as compartment hunt (for GDE).
            Thanks for the tip.

Comment

I drew archery for 10/15-19. First time to ever apply for any drawn hunt. Surprised I won something.

I called and the archery is compartment hunt even though the website said it was the entire area. I believe it's shut down starting Oct 1 and the only hunting is thru the drawn hunts. Good luck.

Comment

For gun hunt definitely stay on the ground. Climbers will limit how far you can see. I like to find a blow down tree and just sit in a chair.

Comment

I haven’t checked this year, but Alazan used to be part of the APH access. It was bow only for deer. I only remember it being closed down only during the draw hunts, otherwise open for bow hunting for deer/pig.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                    I haven’t checked this year, but Alazan used to be part of the APH access. It was bow only for deer. I only remember it being closed down only during the draw hunts, otherwise open for bow hunting for deer/pig.
                    I don't think Alazan is open to deer hunting this year except for the drawn hunts.

Edit... Looks like you can hunt the Old River tract, but it's archery only and only accessible via boat.

Comment

Wow. So they shut down a public land area and made it lottery/draw. That’s sucks. Wonder if that is something’s that can be voted against.

I be interested in seeing the reason behind that decision

Comment

Working...
                      X