Honda Accord Hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Accord Hybrid

Does anyone have a hybrid vehicle, and preferably a Honda Accord Hybrid? My wife and I looked at a new one today at a Honda dealer, and she likes it. My wife drives 120 miles per day, at least 5 days a week. She has been driving my 2009 Toyota Camry, but it's now got over 170,000 miles and gets about 28-29 mpg on her commute. The Accord Hybrid is rated for 48 mpg city and 48 mpg highway. Is this realistic in the real world, or over rated?
    Since she will be driving about 30,000 miles per year, is this a good choice for long commutes? How long do the batteries last before needing replaced, and how much is that going to cost?

I have and drive a 2017 accord hybrid. I round trip around 85 miles per day. It can easily get 43 to 45 mpg if don't drive aggressively. Very nice car and loaded with all the good stuff from honda. Go drive one!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
      I have and drive a 2017 accord hybrid. I round trip around 85 miles per day. It can easily get 43 to 45 mpg if don't drive aggressively. Very nice car and loaded with all the good stuff from honda. Go drive one!
      We did drive a standard Accord, but their only hybrid was on the showroom floor.

Comment

Let me know if you’re going to sell that Camry

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          We did drive a standard Accord, but their only hybrid was on the showroom floor.
          You need to drive the hybrid. If they didn't offer to pull that one off the show room floor then I would find another dealership. I can recommend one and a salesman.

John

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
            You need to drive the hybrid. If they didn't offer to pull that one off the show room floor then I would find another dealership. I can recommend one and a salesman.

John
            They said we could set up an appointment to come back, and they would pull the hybrid off the showroom floor. Since we were not going to buy yesterday, or in the immediate future, we left it at that.

Please send me the dealership and salesman you recommend.

Comment

P.m. sent.

Comment

Does anyone own a Hybrid vehicle? Are you happy with it, and the fuel mileage? I've read that a lot of people aren't getting nearly Honda's advertised 48 mph, many are getting 33-38 mpg. I'm guessing these are the people with a lead foot and late applying the brakes. Maybe they aren't using the regen paddle shifters, or apply them to late. I could definitely see my wife driving like this.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X