No announcement yet.

Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed out Thursday morning. Will be hunting the next 3 weeks. Will give some reports.

Comment

We are headed out to fill feeders Sunday, but won’t be back to hunt until first week of December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
        We are headed out to fill feeders Sunday, but won’t be back to hunt until first week of December.

Same here

Comment

Me and the GF are headed out Friday evening and staying until Tuesday. Reports are not much movement this past weekend. They killed two huge hogs though and I've posted the only pic of one below. They said it weighted close to 300. This hog, or another completely like it, destroyed a stand and fill feeder. This one had cutters, the other one didn't.

Hopefully this cold front gets them moving and knocks the green off out there. I will be doing some rattling for sure. KAP! And I hope I get a crack at a lion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3493.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	24560084

Comment

[QUOTE=SabreKiller; And I hope I get a crack at a lion.
            [/QUOTE]

How sweet would that be!!!!

Comment

My Covert game pictures from yesterday and today shows a lot of does hanging around the feeders. Had 7 I could count in one picture. I nice 8 pt was in one picture with the does and was more interested in corn. It was 32 at 7:30 this morning. Hopefully it will get colder tonight. I will be out there the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I hunted 4-7th and didn't see any bucks and few does but upper 80's didn't help. I did manage a doe.

Comment

Buddy of mine just got back last night. He hunted Monday evening and all of Tuesday. He saw 4 does and a small 5 point on Monday evening and a Spike on Tuesday evening. Looks like they're starting to come out a bit more.

Comment

Went out yesterday and filled feeders. Was good sign and deer are still hitting them hard. Will go back out in 9 days to hunt for a week. Love me some Terrell County. Was nice and green, but not as much as I was thinking. Should be a good season and the deer are looking really healthy. That should make for some excellent 2019 antlers....

Comment

The GF and I got back yesterday evening. We saw a few good bucks moving around, but they were younguns and we let them pass waiting for the older bucks to start moving. I did see one older class buck, not very wide with dark chocolate horns and at least a 10. He had a doe on lockdown and was running off everything else. He got in one heck of a fight with a larger/younger 9 point and beat the fire out of him! Best buck fight I've ever seen. Lasted about a minute and a half and they were tearing it up. Over and through brush, knock downs and all. It was awesome. I saw 10 bucks at that feeder that mroning and grunted up one nice 8. I wish I could have video'd it, but they were 329 yards off. Took the GF back to that blind on Tuesday morning, but only saw one young 10 and some smaller bucks and does.

Rattled up a small 6 on Monday afternoon and it appears they were moving all day.

The best part of the weekend was my GF killing hogs. I've never seen them on this lease like now. She killed 4 and I killed 4. I love shooting them when they're running and we jumped two sounders and I let the new Barrett 6.5 Swede eat. The 130 Swift Scirocco rolled them. I killed one other at a blind. The GF killed two good ones at a blind up on top and then two more smaller pigs at a feeder down low.

We are hoping to go back the first weekend of December. Maybe the big boys will be moving then.

This crap has GOT to go!

Name:	IMG_0195.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	24560640

Name:	IMG_0256.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	24560641

Name:	IMG_0361.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	24560642

And this is just at one blind. Geez!

Comment

Terrell County Hunting 2018-2019

Dang! We do not have hogs or coyotes as of yet. Last year, we heard the coyotes for the first time, haven’t heard them since. Nor seen them

Last edited by bps3040; 11-21-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I attended church at the Pumpville Baptist Church last Sunday and one of the ladies there lives on the Devils Creek Ranch. She said her husband and some hunters had killed a yote Saturday night and shot at more on Sunday. That ranch is high fenced too.

Some of them thought we had killed javalinas until I showed them the pictures. You shoulda seen their mouths drop open.

We hunt about 30 miles north of them. My GF saw a yote last year on our lease but couldn't get a shot off. Funny thing is we haven't even heard any.

Comment

This is how we roll in Terrell Co.... One bag at a time. About 100 bags per trip out there.

Comment

Pre rut is definitely on. Now thru first week of December has always been the best for us in north eastern part of Terrell. Will be hunting thru the 10th.
                            Last edited by Terrell_County; 12-09-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

NICE BUCKS!!!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                                X