Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So nothing visual but upgraded my sound system. Toyota missed the mark with there “Premium JBL sound system”. I ordered a complete system from Tech12volts.com(found from researching Tundras.com forum) new Hertz component speakers in front and back, custom sub box with a larger 12” JBL sub, and a larger Rockford Fosgate amp to power everything. I also used dynamat on the back of cab and all four doors. This system is not meant for competition but it sounds AMAZING inside the truck now!!! 100% satisfied with this modification. I highly recommend James for all audio needs. I had questions and he responded within minutes to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
      So nothing visual but upgraded my sound system. Toyota missed the mark with there “Premium JBL sound system”. I ordered a complete system from Tech12volts.com(found from researching Tundras.com forum) new Hertz component speakers in front and back, custom sub box with a larger 12” JBL sub, and a larger Rockford Fosgate amp to power everything. I also used dynamat on the back of cab and all four doors. This system is not meant for competition but it sounds AMAZING inside the truck now!!! 100% satisfied with this modification. I highly recommend James for all audio needs. I had questions and he responded within minutes to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s awesome. I installed the Kicker tweeter upgrade, but everything else needs an upgrade now. Ever seen the magnets on the back of the non premium door speakers???? Pathetic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
        That’s awesome. I installed the Kicker tweeter upgrade, but everything else needs an upgrade now. Ever seen the magnets on the back of the non premium door speakers???? Pathetic!

Man, I feel like the factory system in my 4runner bumps compared to my Chevy Bose with a sub.

The JBL premium with factory sub in the Sequoia sounds really good to me. Way nicer than my 4runner.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I did the taco tunes upgrade. That with the kenwood head unit, it has enough thump to make the neighbors look at me funny when I pull in the driveway. I use every inch of the storage behind the rear seats so I didn't want to add a sub

Comment

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            Man, I feel like the factory system in my 4runner bumps compared to my Chevy Bose with a sub.

The JBL premium with factory sub in the Sequoia sounds really good to me. Way nicer than my 4runner.

I think the JBL system in the wife’s 4Runner sounds really good and is dang loud.

Not sure why anyone would want the music louder. I must be getting old.

Last edited by Mayhem; 09-30-2020, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              I think the JBL system in the wires 4Runner sounds really good and is dang loud.

Not sure why anyone would want the music louder. I must be getting old.

Haha. Same boat. I do wish I had the JBL after having it in our sequoia. But its good.

Comment

The kids and I setup the annex yesterday. Not as labor intensive as I thought it would be.

Comment

The kids and I setup the annex yesterday. Not as labor intensive as I thought it would be.

Man that is awesome! Interior pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    Man that is awesome! Interior pics?

This is all I have right now. But it has the same blacked out interior as ground blinds, so you can sleep in.

Comment

That is AWESOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Finally got around to ordering that rear bumper when they got it in stock. Glad to finally get it in and get rid of that thin metaled, mostly plastic thing they call a rear bumper. I was wondering why when I stepped on it it fell like mush. Now I know. Filling corn and protein feeders from the bed just got easier for a fatboy with the additional width this thing has......

Installation wasn't bad. The directions were a little lame but I figured it out. Love the look and the finish.

[ATTACH]1020453[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1020454[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1020455[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1020456[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1020457[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1020458[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1020459[/ATTACH]
                        I like the bumper man. I need to see if they make a similar one for my Tacoma.

Comment

Recently give my 02 a facelift. It’s currently covered in mud from the lease though.

Comment

Did you paint the chrome on the bumpers or replace?

My headlights are so fogged you you can hardly see at night. (Not really that bad)

Comment

My buddy put bedliner on the chrome bumpers too.

Comment

Originally posted by GOODEN View Post

Recently give my 02 a facelift. It’s currently covered in mud from the lease though.

I miss my 01.

Comment

Working...
                                X