My formerly secret project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My formerly secret project

So I’m not soliciting business and I won’t mention a name or url, because I don’t want to upset the kind sponsors of this forum. However, I’ve mentioned in the past I’ve been working on a side gig to start a performance camo clothing company but I wanted to make everything made in USA and with American fabrics. So after partnering with a guy I’ve known for a few years who makes USA made ski wear, I’ve been trying to lock down some light weight vendors for short sleeve T-shirt’s, long sleeve, beanies, buffs etc. we’re gonna make these in NC and the outerwear will be sewn in Colorado with NC fabric.
    However, early on we also went out on a limb to try and design a new pattern. I’m proud to say after around 70 revisions with a designer doing the heavy lifting and me putting in my 2 cents, we also narrowed down a very effective pattern.
    It took countless revisions, miles of large format printings and my kids tired of standing in the woods as I snapped pictures and used a thermal scope to come up with this.
    I finally got a sample long sleeve shirt back from a vendor and Will be looking for feedback. This is the western color scheme, anyway, just thought I’d keep enthusiasts in the loop if anyone cared how it was progressing.
    I also should mention, the quality is that of other high end manufacturers such as Sitka, kuiu, even Patagonia but without being made in China and no politics that are anti hunting.
    I’ve shared this with some other on another enthusiast site as well, but outside of testing it hunting for a while, you mugs are the first to see this. Yes trademarks and copyrights are applied already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price point should be about under armour, sitka, kuiu range. Nothing i can do about that. Despite not having share holders, fancy corporate offices or national advertising, it’s not possible to pay people living wages without a somewhat premium price. The good news is the money stays here, we don’t use sweatshops and the agenda is not anti anything. It’s unabashedly for outdoorsman made in the USA.
    Material for knit goods is a proprietary blend tested over the past few years but known as dri-release. It’s a spun yarn and then woven as a knit. It’s antimicrobial but feels incredibly soft.
    It does not have the leisure suit polyester feel of under armour. In fact it feels softer then your favorite cotton t-shirt but wicks moisture. It resists pilling and is very abrasion resistant.
    I trained for a half marathon in the heat of early fall and used while skiing in Utah and it great as an outer and under layer and it’s not clammy.
    The fit is generous and longer. That way if you tuck it in, it won’t keep popping out.
    I purchased dozens of test shirts and most are cut short to save money. Many are cut so tight also. Again made for larger Americans sized hunters.
    The camo pattern is actually based on the concept of fractals. It’s a digital design and not stick and twig for a reason. Fractal patterns in nature are things that scale from microscopic to large. So if you ever flew in a plane and noticed a River tributary looks like a fern leaf, you’ve witnessed fractals. Many natural camos are fractal in design. We tried dozens of tests and narrowed it down to this.
    We have different color variations for preferences and regions.
    Year one should have t shirts both short and long, knit hats, ball caps, face buffs plus soft shell jacket and a soft shell pant.
    Our Colorado partner can seam tape so years two will have rain gear, burly outerwear and mid layers.

Comment

Love It!!! Hope to be able to buy some.

Comment

Looks great! Looking forward to seeing what else comes out and additional patterns!

Comment

Cool, looks good. I'd like to see it in person. Glad things a moving along well for you.

Comment

Any chance that your sizes will also come in big or tall?

Comment

Cotton sucks! I like performance wear!!! Ya-ho!!! Awesome shirt.

Comment

I like it. Good luck. I had a old tie die shirt that I ran over with my dirt bike that looked similar to that pattern.

Comment

man that looks great, I can tell you the feel of the shirt and the collar fit and hold is what I look for, if it does that, sign me up!!

Comment

Looks good. I’d give it a try.

Comment

I'll test it - XXL please

Comment

Congratulations wish you great success and look forward to seeing the product on the market.

Comment

Longer Tees?!?! You already have me hooked!

I like the pattern. Looking forward to the release

Comment

Looks great! Can’t wait to buy it and try it out.

Comment

Kudos for you to take the leap. I have always wanted to have my own camo company (not design, an existing one) and something I am still considering if I can get the funds right.

Just remember you don't want to be in the camo apparel business, you want to be in the camo licensee business.

Comment

Working...
                              X