No announcement yet.

Church Security POI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for past 6 years myself and another, have been carrying at our church, with the Priest knowing and welcoming it . especially after last weeks incident. we have always been watching out for the Parrish during Mass. and now have several guys wanting to Usher and lend a hand in helping us keep a watch. it a shame this must be done. but, this is are world we now live in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
      Four services and rotating volunteers
      That’s the real struggle with church security...it is impossible for everyone to know everyone.

More congregations deal with you exact scenario than you think.

Way to stay vigilant, sounds like Romans 8:28 being acted out before you

Comment

I hope some unarmed person “acting funny” doesn’t get taken out by an untrained and trigger happy CHL holder. It’s not going to play well.
        A guy walking toward you in a public place— backpack or not, doesn’t seem like a reason to draw to me. I wasn’t there, but practicing restraint in the reality we live in is going to be harder for some than others— and more importantly, absolutely necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
          I hope some unarmed person “acting funny” doesn’t get taken out by an untrained and trigger happy CHL holder. It’s not going to play well.
          A guy walking toward you in a public place— backpack or not, doesn’t seem like a reason to draw to me. I wasn’t there, but practicing restraint in the reality we live in is going to be harder for some than others— and more importantly, absolutely necessary.
          I agree. Part of the problem is folks are amp'd up a bit just following a shooting.

In our case we don't take it lightly.

1) Background checks and serious evaluation of safety team members is conducted.
          2) Clear guidelines and well defined plans are established. (includes natural disaster plans, which is a much more likely situation.)
          3) Members are required to attend training to include scenario based drills.

At the end of the day everyone has to take responsibility for their own actions and hopefully we can weed out folks with a hero complex.

Comment

Bumping this to the top in an effort to increase awareness

Comment

thanks so much for the thread. Our church is initiating a security team as well and are in process of finding a person/persons that does formal training of this type for groups.
              Is a shame we have the necessity for it but we must protect ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                My biggest concern has been a good guy reaching for his concealed weapon and gets mistaken for a bad guy and is taken out. Never know who is over the top and has the itchy trigger finger.

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                One of my bigger fears at church is being shot by an old man who doesnt know me at church in a high stress situation lol.

Yuuuuup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Gunnyart, you have a PM inbound

Comment

You too savin yours

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      thanks so much for the thread. Our church is initiating a security team as well and are in process of finding a person/persons that does formal training of this type for groups.
                      Is a shame we have the necessity for it but we must protect ourselves.
                      If you find a good class, please let me know. We're starting a program at the church I attend also.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                        If you find a good class, please let me know. We're starting a program at the church I attend also.

Thanks

I just got this in an email from our church insurance company. Classes in houston

Strategos International is a team of skilled experts dedicated to arming the public with knowledge and techniques for safety and security →

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a link to a 12 part video series that won't cost you a dime.

We offer the best self-defense products and experiences. Shop tactical gear, body armor, knives, training courses, accessories & more at Warrior Poet Society!

Comment

I’m suprised an off-duty Officer would stick out like that. I’ve been a cop 16 years and I can assure you people at at my church don’t know

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                              Be careful what terms you use...most churches with well put together programs know to omit the term "Security" or they do things the correct way and get a "Letter of Authority" from the DPS/PSB and build a internal Security team within the guidelines set forth by the PSB.
                              Sheepdogs

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                                Here is a link to a 12 part video series that won't cost you a dime.

https://warriorpoetsociety.us/church-security/
                                Thanks Gunnyart

Comment

Working...
                                X