Trinity River NWR draw hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trinity River NWR draw hunt

Has anyone hunted the Trinity River NWR? I drew rifle this year for boars den and briarwood. They're both for the same dates, so I was wondering if anyone would pick one over the other. I'm going to go check them out this weekend. Just hoping to get some insight.

I think this was the first year for Trinity draw hunts.

Comment

I believe this is the first year in the TPWD draw, but i thought I understood you could sign up for a draw that was managed by the refuge itself previously.

Comment

I drew boars den last year, when it was still a mail in application to the NWR instead of through TPWD. Unfortunately All hunts last year were cancelled because of flooding. Drew it again this year, so hoping the water stays down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't cross the property lines. The trees are painted on the property border. Purple and yellow I believe. Anyway private property surrounds them. It is thick river bottom land. Lots of snakes pigs and poison ivy. Never hunted any of those two.

Comment

It seems hard to find any information on the place. I'm going to try to get out there this weekend and do a little scouting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogz217 View Post
              I drew boars den last year, when it was still a mail in application to the NWR instead of through TPWD. Unfortunately All hunts last year were cancelled because of flooding. Drew it again this year, so hoping the water stays down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Ain't lookin too good so far.

Comment

It seems like it recedes pretty quickly. Hopefully, everything will go well. I'm excited to hunt there.

Comment

Originally posted by thisisbeer View Post
                  It seems like it recedes pretty quickly. Hopefully, everything will go well. I'm excited to hunt there.
                  Unfortunately it looks like a lot along the trinity down there may be under water through the weekend... If you venture out there be careful and good luck!
                  Attached Files

Comment

https://www.fws.gov/refuge/trinity_r...ert/storm.html

Comment

Hunts getting closer. Thought I would try again and see if I can get any info.

Comment

I just drew 2 muzzleloader hunts at the Brierwood Unit and the Hirsch Unit. I'm going to go ahead and take the Hirsch unit because I've hunted it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                          I just drew 2 muzzleloader hunts at the Brierwood Unit and the Hirsch Unit. I'm going to go ahead and take the Hirsch unit because I've hunted it before.
                          I'll be muzzleloader hunting on Hirsch as well. I'm hoping there are some good deer out there. I don't know to much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                            I'm hunting Hirsch for the second rifle period. Never hunted this area before--are the trees down there good for a climber tree stand? I took my climber down to Aransas last year to find it was unusable in most areas.

Comment

I actually ended up letting these hunts go. I've just got too many expenses coming up...

Good luck to you all!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X