No announcement yet.

Twist in the hunting guide incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like the Sheriff may have a problem with the guides. To charge them at the scene, say the border patrol surveyed the entire property with inferred drones (not true) and telling this all to the media within days of the incident seems very odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mconner View Post
      Thanks LAB MAN this is the closest to the truth than ever spoken before, my wife and I have hunted at the ranch where this occurred and walked through the scenario the way it unraveled in their words, scary situation.. and to all the morons laughing about a CARTEL HIT while we were there, the US Border patrol picked up at least 7 “UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS” out of a cave that was on the ranch. Nothing like a swift kick to the sack for some morons here. GOOD LUCK ON EVERYONES NEXT WITCH HUNT, LMBO!!
      ps. I will be enjoying a lot more fellowship with the Daugherty’s.
      I'm not sure why you're so worked up. That article states that the client was accidentally shot by the guides when they fired at the RV. The guide was shot by an unknown weapon, but the client was shot by the guides by mistake. Someone else may have started it, someone else may have shot Mr. Daugherty, but that article makes it pretty clear how the client was shot. It's never OK to shoot your clients....even by mistake or accident.

From the article:
      It is an undisputed fact the guides both fired at the RV, trying to hit the tires and disable it, and one of them may have hit the client in the ensuing panic. Unfortunately, it may never be known who was outside the recreational vehicle and shot Daugherty, or the motivation behind it.

This quote was from Mrs. Jennafer Daugherty:
      “We do not deny our client was hit by a bullet that resulted from a horribly fearful and confusing situation. However, the bullet that shot our son was not. That shot came later and from an entirely different direction,” a statement issued by the Daugherty family shortly after the shooting, read.

I do feel for all involved and thank God that Mr. Daugherty survived a chest wound in that isolated country. I'm sure the charges were dropped because it was an accident and Mr. Daugherty had suffered enough. What good could come from a trial? But, there will be a civil trial....you can bet your *** on that.

From the article:
      In a blog post, the attorneys for Roberts, who has filed a personal injury lawsuit against the Daugherty’s Redwing Outfitters,......

Comment

Thanks LAB MAN this is the closest to the truth than ever spoken before, my wife and I have hunted at the ranch where this occurred and walked through the scenario the way it unraveled in their words, scary situation.. and to all the morons laughing about a CARTEL HIT while we were there, the US Border patrol picked up at least 7 “UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS” out of a cave that was on the ranch. Nothing like a swift kick to the sack for some morons here. GOOD LUCK ON EVERYONES NEXT WITCH HUNT, LMBO!!
        Lmao, so you call a bunch of people on here morons for talking about a hunting incident on a hunting forum?

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
          Lmao, so you call a bunch of people on here morons for talking about a hunting incident on a hunting forum?
          No kiden

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
            Sounds like the Sheriff may have a problem with the guides. To charge them at the scene, say the border patrol surveyed the entire property with inferred drones (not true) and telling this all to the media within days of the incident seems very odd.
            Very odd indeed, definitely didn't help the situation

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              I'm not sure why you're so worked up. That article states that the client was accidentally shot by the guides when they fired at the RV. The guide was shot by an unknown weapon, but the client was shot by the guides by mistake. Someone else may have started it, someone else may have shot Mr. Daugherty, but that article makes it pretty clear how the client was shot. It's never OK to shoot your clients....even by mistake or accident.

From the article:
              It is an undisputed fact the guides both fired at the RV, trying to hit the tires and disable it, and one of them may have hit the client in the ensuing panic. Unfortunately, it may never be known who was outside the recreational vehicle and shot Daugherty, or the motivation behind it.

This quote was from Mrs. Jennafer Daugherty:
              “We do not deny our client was hit by a bullet that resulted from a horribly fearful and confusing situation. However, the bullet that shot our son was not. That shot came later and from an entirely different direction,” a statement issued by the Daugherty family shortly after the shooting, read.

I do feel for all involved and thank God that Mr. Daugherty survived a chest wound in that isolated country. I'm sure the charges were dropped because it was an accident and Mr. Daugherty had suffered enough. What good could come from a trial? But, there will be a civil trial....you can bet your *** on that.

From the article:
              In a blog post, the attorneys for Roberts, who has filed a personal injury lawsuit against the Daugherty’s Redwing Outfitters,......
              Sums it up

Comment

Dude put beans in the chili

Comment

What does seven wetbacks in a cave 2 years later have to do with anyone here?

Comment

Both "BAD" shots ....... just saying.

Comment

Regardless of the charges being dropped, it still doesn't explain anything. I'd like to know what bullet type construction is still embedded in the individual. Is it a hunting type round or fmj? Rifle or pistol?

Comment

what a disaster

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                          Regardless of the charges being dropped, it still doesn't explain anything. I'd like to know what bullet type construction is still embedded in the individual. Is it a hunting type round or fmj? Rifle or pistol?
                          State said it was a.357, some dude at a lab in Ft. Worth says hes 99.9% sure that the bullet that they can not remove and measure is a .40 cal. Nobody had a .40cal on the scene.

The only thing this proves is the state couldn't win the case.

Either way, the guide still shot the client and they aren't denying that.

Comment

The people defending the guide sound like the same people defending the dude who poached the 278” buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X