Silver prices. Investing. Selling. Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I’ve bought silver for years. Anytime it’s cheap. Silver eagles. Bars. Rounds. Etc. With the recent increase in silver prices it’s got me thinking about selling but like any other investment, questioning when.

I know several folks here do the same thing. Any thoughts on this? It’s selling at a large premium over spot. And I have every silver eagle year they have made and many MS70 eagles. Just curious if it’s time to sell or hold.

It appears with the bond rates being so low people are finally starting to move into precious metals. I've been holding some for years myself. I'll probably start unloading if it clears $30.

However, with COVID and all the uncertainty it may be the dawn of the new era for precious metals. I'm sure I will sell and it will sky rocket to $50+ by years end, then $100

Comment

I have some silver and gold, not an expert by any means. I figure Im keeping what I have until our paper money is no longer worth what its printed on. Or Ill pass it down to my boys, whatever comes first.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
        I have some silver and gold, not an expert by any means. I figure Im keeping what I have until our paper money is no longer worth what its printed on. Or Ill pass it down to my boys, whatever comes first.

This is the way

Comment

Queue the precious metal naysayers.

Comment

In! I want to get into silver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This is the way

Thats what my Grandparents and their parents before them did. All of whom lived through the great depression. I figure they know about gold being better than money and saving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post

Comment

I buy precious metals regularly as well. Mostly lead/brass. Lol

I to purchase silver and have done so a lot over the years. Anytime I have toyed with the idea of selling I don't. However if you sell I would say the closer we get to election time the more valuable it will be. 1. Elections disrupt markets typically. 2. As we enter fall and people start getting colds there likely will be another shut down. I foresee people going into overdrive with panic not knowing if it is corona or not. Double that with the holidays and money/jobs will be tight. Just my uneducated opinion

Comment

I read this article just today. I too have been buying silver for years and giving silver to my 3 sons in their stocking every year for Christmas.
                    This guy sees $130 an ounce or even higher.

The silver price made waves in 2020 when it rose above US$20 per ounce for the first time in four years, and the precious metal has largely stayed above that level since, even reaching as high as US$29.59.The metal has repeatedly tested the high US$20s since, including pushing past the US$26 mark ag...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I read this article just today. I too have been buying silver for years and giving silver to my 3 sons in their stocking every year for Christmas.

Never thought of it as a stocking stuffer. Thats a cool idea. What do yall do with it after? They keep it or is it all hidden away?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        So I’ve bought silver for years. Anytime it’s cheap. Silver eagles. Bars. Rounds. Etc. With the recent increase in silver prices it’s got me thinking about selling but like any other investment, questioning when.

I know several folks here do the same thing. Any thoughts on this? It’s selling at a large premium over spot. And I have every silver eagle year they have made and many MS70 eagles. Just curious if it’s time to sell or hold.
                        IMO one has to play the long term chart/game. According to history it's near 100% chance silver gets cut in half from where it's at today...It just may take a few years to get that low again.

If I were to want to sell I'd take what I wanted to sell and sell in stages. Maybe 20% now at $27, 20% at $29, etc..

Trying to time the top is a suckers game. No one knows.. Can only look at history and gamble. I think it goes higher but I'm biased as I own a ton of SLV options. I'll start selling them if silver hits 30 but will always hold at least half until 50.

Comment

You will never hit the high and never hit the bottom!!!! Take your profit when you can!!!!!
                          JMO

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

In for comments as well. Wife inherited some silver. Quite a few ms70 eagles, etc. Wondering where to find what they are legitimately worth. Not sure where to look for real prices

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
                              You will never hit the high and never hit the bottom!!!! Take your profit when you can!!!!!
                              JMO
                              You got that right. Big money controls hi/lo.

Comment

Working...
                              X