Ammo is nuts! Should I sell some?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo is nuts! Should I sell some?

I've got probably 3K .223 5.56 in various makes/types and the same in 9 and 45. Looking at prices going through the roof, I'm contemplating peeling off 1K of each perhaps. I don't want to be that guy price gouging BUT I did accumulate my ammo during periods when prices were very depressed and would make a decent profit. The biggest question is... Will we see a return to normal at some point in the next year or is this short here to stay for years, perhaps forever?

The last great "bust" in ammo was around Trump's election and it got so bad for federal and other makers, fat rebates could be had when buying 1K lots. Unless there is something like that coming in the next year, I'm probably not going to want to sell anything off but I feel like the demand rubber band will snap back at some point...

Where are you located I need some 9mm ammo. Even a couple boxes if you could part with.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
      I've got probably 3K .223 5.56 in various makes/types and the same in 9 and 45. Looking at prices going through the roof, I'm contemplating peeling off 1K of each perhaps. I don't want to be that guy price gouging BUT I did accumulate my ammo during periods when prices were very depressed and would make a decent profit. The biggest question is... Will we see a return to normal at some point in the next year or is this short here to stay for years, perhaps forever?

The last great "bust" in ammo was around Trump's election and it got so bad for federal and other makers, fat rebates could be had when buying 1K lots. Unless there is something like that coming in the next year, I'm probably not going to want to sell anything off but I feel like the demand rubber band will snap back at some point...
      How crazy is it right now? I haven't checked in a couple weeks.
      I have some M855 and 9mm FMJ that I might have to re-home lol.

Comment

it's getting stupid

Last edited by duckmanep; 07-24-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I bought some M855 before all this hit for $0.35ea & would buy more at the same price but really don't need any...certainly not paying panic buying prices.

I'm swapping 200ea 45acp for 9mm w/ my step dad round for round as I need a few & they are running the same price now which is kinda crazy. If you need some bartering is probably the best way till this settles.

Comment

I've seen some good pricing still. With an election looming I would hold it, if you want to be opportunistic prices will only rise as we approach november

Comment

How are these people not able to find ammo?
              We picked up 1,000 rounds of Winchester 9mm just 2 weeks ago at academy. I think it was $80 per 500 box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sorry to break it to you but you dont have enough to sale

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                  How are these people not able to find ammo?
                  We picked up 1,000 rounds of Winchester 9mm just 2 weeks ago at academy. I think it was $80 per 500 box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Link please

Comment

The old scare tactic at it again..........

Rwc

Comment

Native Outdoors just got in new inventory.

Comment

People are absolute idiots with this crap.

Its only going to get worst between now through the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                          Link please
                          Purchase your Bulk Ammo at Ammunition Depot today! Our online inventory of Cheap Bulk Ammo is available in all calibers from the top manufacturers you trust.

Comment

If you're not planning on shooting it , I'd sell a little bit. I made a bunch of money after one of the other runs on guns, ammo, and Mags. People are dumb, they should get to pay for that

Comment

Why does someone need so much ammo, do u plan on going to war? I only keep a coule boxes of each, dont really have the need for thousands of rounds. No way im gonna pay inflated prices, will just wait for it to go back to normal.

Comment

Working...
                              X