Kellyanne Conway Foot in Mouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She said "Americans will get their liberties back sooner if they wear a mask." at 2:35 in the video.

She speaks for the president. I sure hope Trump gets her in line, because I can look the other way on his tweeting, and his off the cuff remarks, but if his spokeswoman is going on saying this and he isn't correcting her, how is he any different than the D's on the Covid issue?

White House counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway explains why Trump shifts his tone on mask-wearing amid coronavirus pandemic on ‘America’s Newsroom.’

Well a mask over her mouth is probably better than her foot at getting our liberties back

Like Trump said, masks are patriotic now, wear one.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Reaper; 07-22-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      She said "Americans will get their liberties back sooner if they wear a mask." at 2:35 in the video.

She speaks for the president. I sure hope Trump gets her in line, because I can look the other way on his tweeting, and his off the cuff remarks, but if his spokeswoman is going on saying this and he isn't correcting her, how is he any different than the D's on the Covid issue?

https://news.yahoo.com/kellyanne-con...135258587.html

I thought they parted ways a while ago?

They certainly do not seem to be fans of each other.

Comment

They all slip up on occasion. Not unusual. Hopefully the dems don’t use it in a campaign ad.

Comment

The very fact that your 'mandated" mask can literally be made of anything should tell you all you need to know. It's merely a visual symbol of being compliant with control.

This is a test run, and the masses are failing miserably.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
            The very fact that your 'mandated" mask can literally be made of anything should tell you all you need to know. It's merely a visual symbol of being compliant with control.

This is a test run, and the masses are failing miserably.
            I saw a guy in Papa Johns the other day and he had the most unique mask I’d ever seen...a washcloth. Just held it up to his face.

Comment

I had the homemade blue paper (shop) towel video sent to me at work once we were out of N-95 mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                I thought they parted ways a while ago?

They certainly do not seem to be fans of each other.
                Shes a "counselor to the President". I personally think she is sent out by Trump to float idea's and see how they are responded to. Sort of like what Obama would do with folks like Tapper and Holder.

Comment

Trump has serious problems this election. He's been there four years, and officially no longer an "outsider". He's built hardly any wall, not ended Obamacare, and more important, not fixed the budget. Infringing on personal liberties is just icing on the cake at this point.

Comment

Trump has serious problems this election. He's been there four years, and officially no longer an "outsider". He's built hardly any wall, not ended Obamacare, and more important, not fixed the budget. Infringing on personal liberties is just icing on the cake at this point.
                    He would have done all of that if there wasnt constant resistance by the Dems both in Congress and in the courtroom. Not sure where he has infringed on personal liberties.

Comment

Good grief...
                      Turn off the news

Comment

There is a reason there are three branches of government. Like it or not we can't endow a single person with unlimited power to rule over "We the People". That is what caused the great creation we know as America. Kings or dictators and their tyrant ways have no place in America.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          He would have done all of that if there wasnt constant resistance by the Dems both in Congress and in the courtroom. Not sure where he has infringed on personal liberties.
                          First two years he and his party had full control of the House and Senate. Could have done everything then. He didn't. His spokewoman/consultant/advisor (Kellyanne) said we can have our rights back when this is over. She is advising the president. You think she didn't float that out there to see how people would respond?

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          There is a reason there are three branches of government. Like it or not we can't endow a single person with unlimited power to rule over "We the People". That is what caused the great creation we know as America. Kings or dictators and their tyrant ways have no place in America.
                          I am not suggesting this. I am suggesting that his advisor/spokesperson/consultant outright said "We The People" can have our rights back when this is over. She is advising him, and speaking for him. And that statement is EXACTLY what kings and tyrants say, and she is Trump's advisor.

He may decide not to listen, and I certainly hope he doesn't. But so far he's only followed through on one campaign promise (Cut taxes), he failed miserably on Obamacare repeal and the wall, and if he threatens to take away personal liberties, he will alienate a lot of people.

And to be clear, Trump is still better than Biden hands down. But having people vote for you because Biden is so bad is very different than having people vote for you because they believe in you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post

Agree. The fact that he gotten ANY wall built is pretty remarkable. I do have some issue with the budget, but otherwise I’d say he’s been solid on most of the campaign promises that are within his direct control and even some that are not in his direct control. He’s been fought at every level on most things.

EDIT: He has removed one of the core items of Obamacare with the removal of the mandate under threat of a fine. I think this is the core problem most folks took issue with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Last edited by Mike D; 07-23-2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

First two years he and his party had full control of the House and Senate. Could have done everything then. He didn't. His spokewoman/consultant/advisor (Kellyanne) said we can have our rights back when this is over. She is advising the president. You think she didn't float that out there to see how people would respond?

I am not suggesting this. I am suggesting that his advisor/spokesperson/consultant outright said "We The People" can have our rights back when this is over. She is advising him, and speaking for him. And that statement is EXACTLY what kings and tyrants say, and she is Trump's advisor.

He may decide not to listen, and I certainly hope he doesn't. But so far he's only followed through on one campaign promise (Cut taxes), he failed miserably on Obamacare repeal and the wall, and if he threatens to take away personal liberties, he will alienate a lot of people.

And to be clear, Trump is still better than Biden hands down. But having people vote for you because Biden is so bad is very different than having people vote for you because they believe in you.
                              You forget he almost had Obamacare addressed but the dang RINOs ruined it, aka John McCain and a handful of others. His first 2 years were wasted mostly by the one individual who wouldn't do what needed to be done.

Comment

Working...
                              X