.223 hunting round help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post

What do y’all think about these ballistic tips for a hunting round?

I have some of the Hornady Superformamce 55 gr. I have killed several coyotes and Javelina with them but never a deer.

Just wonder which would be best for a deer or hog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Those are full metal jacket. For eradicating hogs and not caring if they run off they'd be alright. Personally I wouldn't use those for anything other than shooting paper.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      Those are full metal jacket. For eradicating hogs and not caring if they run off they'd be alright. Personally I wouldn't use those for anything other than shooting paper.

Good to know! Thanks for the input

Comment

Don't over think this. Get what SP you can and go. If closer I would hand you some. Availability may be biggest hurdle

Comment

Good info, my 7 year old don’t like shooting .243 was thinking of going to .223.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
            Good info, my 7 year old don’t like shooting .243 was thinking of going to .223.
            When my daughter was 7 (almost 9 now), she would shoot you out of ammo with a .223 AR. There’s no way I’d let her shoot my wife’s youth .243. It’s too much

Now she shoot 6.5grendel. And doesn’t even know it’s a different gun. lol

Oh... and those green tips... don’t shoot those at anything but beer cans or zombies

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              When my daughter was 7 (almost 9 now), she would shoot you out of ammo with a .223 AR. There’s no way I’d let her shoot my wife’s youth .243. It’s too much

Now she shoot 6.5grendel. And doesn’t even know it’s a different gun. lol

Oh... and those green tips... don’t shoot those at anything but beer cans or zombies
              I’ve never shot a 6.5. I will do some research, he’s wanting to try to get his first deer or hog this year and I’m wanting to get him his first “big” gun for his b day.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                I've killed many pigs with those green tips. For pigs, that's all I use is green tips or regular FMJs. Aim for the ear hole.

Can't be wasting the good bullets on pigs.

Comment

Yea I started my daughter with a .243 and it was a mistake. Thats why we are going to the .223

Comment

Well poop! Just got an email saying the 55 grain GMX have been back ordered. I'll try to get the 50 grain GMX Full Boar. Who knows!

Comment

Www.gunbot.net is showing 55gr tsx is in stock at a site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. The company I ordered from called me and said they had Hornady SP 55 grain. So i told them to fill the order with them

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post

Full metal jacket with a steel core!

They will do a number on big hogs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                            Www.gunbot.net is showing 55gr tsx is in stock at a site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Gunbot SUCKS. Half the crap they say is in stock isn’t. Got me excited about a few of them lol

Comment

I have my son shoot Remington 55gr PSP out of his CZ American 527, can’t find any, switched to armscor 55gr PSP, hopefully they work the same. Good luck finding a good round.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
                                I have my son shoot Remington 55gr PSP out of his CZ American 527, can’t find any, switched to armscor 55gr PSP, hopefully they work the same. Good luck finding a good round.

This was one of his whitetail kills with the Remington, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0860.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	24625944Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0878.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	24625943

He’s killed 4 does, three bucks, one blackbuck and 3 pigs with them and I’m impressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X