Good place to stay in Memphis Tn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good place to stay in Memphis Tn?

Stopping overnight with the family. Just sleeping is all. Areas to avoid? Good safe areas?

Or keep going a little further East maybe if there’s a better area?

Comment

The downtown hotels just over the 40 bridge are fine. If you’re just sleeping, might just go further to a chain hotel on the interstate just for ease of access.

Memphis has its problems but it’s not too bad.

Comment

When you get to Memphis- keep driving east. Hotels around the Beale St.Tourist District are fairly safe, otherwise keep driving till you get to around Jackson, TN. Memphis is bad crime and gang related area.

If you are going south out of Memphis on I-55, the state park at Sardis Res. in MS is very nice.

Can't tell you anything about going north out of Memphis.

Comment

LaQuinta Downtown. Don’t get off the beaten path in that town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My company is based in Memphis and I’m there every other week....I assure you, you don’t want to “hang out” at night in Memphis. They tell us, if we leave the corporate office after dark, slow down at red lights, but do not stop. Beale Street fine during the day, go to the Peabody and watch the ducks, then leave. I’m not saying it’s ALL bad, but there is no chance I take my family overnight to Memphis.

I stay at this Fairfield Inn and it’s really clean and pretty safe.

4760 Showcase Blvd
            Memphis TN 38118
            (901) 795-1900
            Last edited by RLB; 07-30-2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Lived there 5 years, get to the east side like Germantown area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The LQ downtown is fine.
                I’ve spent many a night out with the wife in downtown Memphis. Not the war zone some make it out to be.

Comment

Germantown or keep going IMO

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                    Lived there 5 years, get to the east side like Germantown area

This is what we are doing. Holiday inn on centennial in German town. I’m well armed lol. I just don’t want any BS.

Comment

Trophy i go thru Memphis a few times a week. Germantown for absolute sure. Jackson would be a good bet too. Memphis is a really ruff ruff area, the whole place. The one thing i can and will recommend is if u have the time go see elvis! Graceland is a straight time warp. Elvis invented pimping im fully convinced!

Comment

Read reviews for info on the motels along interstate in Jackson.

Drive past Jackson to cabins at Natchez Trace State Park, exit 116.

Comment

Trophy8 you may be “under armed & out gunned” in Memphis !

Comment

When Katrina hit NOLA the drug gangs went to Houston, TX, Jackson, MS & Memphis, TN.

Comment

Been a long time ago, but Memphis is a hub for UPS, don't stay anywhere toward the airport, there will not be sleeping going on, jet plane cussing kicks in just about the same time as prime sleeping time.

Comment

Working...
                              X