New Relief Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Apples to apples is .32% vs .004%. Total deaths as a percentage of population.
    We will have to have 1,050,000 deaths from COVID to equal the death percentage from WWII. I dont even think with all the lying and forging of stats can that happen.

Comment

Does anyone have a guess on the long term effects of the stimulus + fed intervention? Could it be inflation or hyper-inflation? Will it force interest rates to stay near 0 forever just to allow the government to pay it debts? If so how do you reward savers? What tools will the FED have for the next crisis? One thing is for sure, the captains of finance will benefit far more than the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
        Does anyone have a guess on the long term effects of the stimulus + fed intervention? Could it be inflation or hyper-inflation? Will it force interest rates to stay near 0 forever just to allow the government to pay it debts? If so how do you reward savers? What tools will the FED have for the next crisis? One thing is for sure, the captains of finance will benefit far more than the rest of us.
        They always do. I am investing in every attractive real estate deal I can find right now. Im trying to take advantage of super low interest rates and have a tangible asset. That is my approach to the current environment. I hate that savers are penalized. My dad lives off of interest and he has been hit very hard over the past decade. He's pretty ill so I dont see him outliving his money but he worries about it anyway.

Comment

They always do. I am investing in every attractive real estate deal I can find right now. Im trying to take advantage of super low interest rates and have a tangible asset. That is my approach to the current environment. I hate that savers are penalized. My dad lives off of interest and he has been hit very hard over the past decade. He's pretty ill so I dont see him outliving his money but he worries about it anyway.
          We are doing the same things. Investing in real estate with as much leverage I can muster. It seems they have taken full advantage of our parents generation who placed their trust in holding CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
            We are doing the same things. Investing in real estate with as much leverage I can muster. It seems they have taken full advantage of our parents generation who placed their trust in holding CDs.
            Exactly. It is a **** shame.

Comment

This! Land is the one thing that can't be devalued by overproduction.

There is an entire generation that is about to become a voting block who believe that the answer is to simply print more money. The overhaul of the education system started by taking simple economics out of school. It sounds almost comical but ask yourself how many times you've been at a store and blown the checker / cashier / snowflake's mind by giving them $21.25 when you owe $16.25. The basic concept of a monetary system being based on something of value is as foreign to them as a bunch of PETA supporters at Chew's elephant ranch.

We are in real trouble as a country and i don't see any way to change the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                uhh no! I promise if you have a job paying taxes you will be paying in a lot more in the future. Enough to pay back what they give you plus enough that was given to all the lazy sacks.

The total is over 65k per person. I can only imagine what it is for just those working and paying taxes. Over 100k I'm sure.

And why would anyone paying taxes be ok with the government shutting things down and then using your money to pay them?
                Not looking to argue here, but could you explain the bold/underlined part of your post? I genuinely don’t understand what you’re trying to say there

As to the last sentence of your post, I’m not okay with them shutting anything down. Hate it. A lot. Almost as much as I hate taxation in the first place

Comment

Sell some “public” land out west to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                    Sell some “public” land out west to pay for it.
                    Nope. There are powers that would love us to give our public lands away. Like what they did in Nevada.

Comment

No. Bad idea all around.Our economy is such a bubble right now, it's going to pop, and what would have been painful had we let it pop 2 or 3 years ago is going to be brutal when it pops eventually.

Our whole market is propped up on low interest rates, and constant QE. The only thing saving us is other countries want our dollars. If that goes away, we will go the way of Venezuela.

I think most folks have no idea of how bad it is, and are willfully ignorant of the situation because everything is good for them now.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        No. Bad idea all around.Our economy is such a bubble right now, it's going to pop, and what would have been painful had we let it pop 2 or 3 years ago is going to be brutal when it pops eventually.

Our whole market is propped up on low interest rates, and constant QE. The only thing saving us is other countries want our dollars. If that goes away, we will go the way of Venezuela.

I think most folks have no idea of how bad it is, and are willfully ignorant of the situation because everything is good for them now.
                        Spot on. I never wish anything bad on our nation, but some real, lasting economic pain might actually wake us up and we’d out some bad politicians and remind the country that savers should be rewarded

Comment

NO

Open the country.....open businesses

Scared .......stay home

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                            NO

Scared .......stay home

Hard to say it any more clearly with fewer words than that! Spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              I'll give you a relief package... Open the **** country back up and use these masks for toilet paper and flush 'em down the **** toilet. THAT will solve this problem and no stimulus package needed. The people will stimulate themselves if the **** gubment will get out the way!!!
                              Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                              NO

Scared .......stay home
                              X2 on both of those!

Comment

It's a game.. Keep the markets up, but dry up the jobs.. Then all the hedge funders liquidate and stockpile cash, kill the markets.. When all the 'free money' is gone homes will foreclose, businesses die for good. Guess who has all the cash? buy up real estate, businesses, inventory on the cheap and sell it back to our dumbasses

Comment

Working...
                                X