Pull behind box blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pull behind box blades

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences with a pull behind spreader like this...

Do they work well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot will depend on the type of ground your dragging it over and how deep the holes or ruts are your trying to fix. Those tend to be pretty light and won't get any down force or dig into harder ground types.

Comment

What are you trying to do with it. Are you planting a garden?

Comment

Long story...got my truck stuck in the back yard and left some 8” ruts all over the place. Wasn’t sure if you could actually get enough weight on the little blade to do any good.

Comment

Looks like it has a place to add weight but itll take alot.od weight. I have a priefert 6 foot box blade and even with weight added and the rippers down it doesn't move much dirt.

Comment

It looks super cheap. Bet I could break it in less than 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
              It looks super cheap. Bet I could break it in less than 5 minutes.
              That long? I'd have it smashed in 60 seconds..

OP - it depends on what you're pulling it with.. It could work, maybe. I put a cargo carrier on top of my 6' box and added huge rocks to weight it down. But as mentioned it depends on the dirt where you're at, if you have rocks etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                That long? I'd have it smashed in 60 seconds..

OP - it depends on what you're pulling it with.. It could work, maybe. I put a cargo carrier on top of my 6' box and added huge rocks to weight it down. But as mentioned it depends on the dirt where you're at, if you have rocks etc.
                5 minutes, was me being careful.

I’ve trashed a few teeth on my box blade.

Comment

crap!!!

Comment

Not heavy enough for your purpose. I have heavy 6 ft preifert and behind my tractor it will somewhat fix ruts, normally have to till ruts

Comment

That’s kind of what I was thinking...just trying to find an easy way out. Guess I’ll get the skid steer out here and fix it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X